• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I final got around to reading civil war 1-4

13 posts in this topic

At first I was avoiding it the series. I hate big comic events especially when it involves speciall issues and big cross overs. All my friends were talking about how great CW was so I decided to try it. I just read issues 1-4 and I didn't really like it. The art and writing was okay but I don't think I like the story. Its just something about seeing spidey fight against Capt and the other hero's (not to mention that stupid new spidey costume YIKES). I guess I will try and read some of the regular titles civil war comics and make up my mind if I want to continue reading it. I also didn't like the idea of the Good guys teaming up with the villians to fight the renagade super hero's....Any one else share these opinons?

"Any one else share these opinons?"

Oh.....Yeah!!!!!!!!

You summed it up quite nicely. Nothing wrong with the art, but the out-of-character actions by the heroes is lame and a civil government that forgives mass murderers based on signing a piece of paper is ridiculous.

It's a division of the heroes for nothing more than BMB and JQ wanted there to be a division. Doesn't make sense and ruins many good characters.

Just more incidents where the writer makes the characters change to fit his story...than the writer actually taking an established character and writing a good story based on the character's attributes.

Apparently you can't have a simple hero anymore...I guess we have to take former heroes and make them villains....and I'm not talking about Cap's group. How about just creating good villains for the heroes to fight...or does that take to many brain cells????

But that can't happen right now because it seems that being good and having success is considered a defect in regards to certain folks.

End of sign-rantpost.gif

The whole series appears to me to have been conceived while Joey Q was on the toilet reading DC's plans for Infinite Crisis and 52.

The story concept was fine, the execution of the plot is lame beyond belief and demonstrates how little thought was given to the characters, and the book is sooooo late due to the creators not having enough time to get ahead before the book was launched (IMO).

It just smacks of "Ohmygawd, we just finished House of M and have no competing big event to go up against DC. What should we do?"

The problem is it will have an effect on the characters forever. So now everyone knows Spidey's secret...Peter Parker!! What I enjoyed most about spidey was how very few people knew who he was. It was that aunt May and especially JJ didn't know...

Characters like FF and Spiderman have been made to be honest hero's who fought for what was right. Now because the people want to know who they are they just tell....the people have always wanted to know who they were. Also just because the other hero's didn't sign up they are hunting them with brute force.....the story don't match the personalities that have been around since the 60's. Stan Lee and all the original creators must be rotted with what Joe Q has done to all his hero's.

BTW what is up with Thor? Is he still dead from years ago? I didn't think any character ever really died in comics haha.....oh wait I get it the real Thor will be the Hero that comes back and saves the day. To bad what they have done with the characters.

I really don't mind it with the exception of the irreversible changes. And I know they can always reverse it. But I mean in a way that is as plausible as comics should be.

Infinity Gems sounds like a lame way to revert things back. I really hope they don't go that route. On the flip side, Peter Parker's revelation for the rest of comic's history is less appealing than a lame reversal.

Pat

The problem is it will have an effect on the characters forever. So now everyone knows Spidey's secret...Peter Parker!! What I enjoyed most about spidey was how very few people knew who he was. It was that aunt May and especially JJ didn't know...

peter parker is spider man????? confused-smiley-013.gif

just kidding

I havent read them and i never will.... I even know too much from reading this thread than i wanted...

Marvel (the regular , long lasting titles atleast) and Joe Q is a major sell-out at the moment imo, the characters are being ruined and i prefer to live in ignorance of this development and flip through my SA, & BA comics and even issues up until 1992, when i want to read SuperHero comics... sumo.gif