• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: 70's 'TEC, Swamp Thing#7, SS others...

8 posts in this topic

Looking to add to my Bat hobby, and looking for:

Detective#405, #418, and #419 - in 9.0 of better CGC (hold the cream). I'd like a #411 as well but I'm guessing that's a tough pull.

Would like to see if anyone has a Swamp Thing#7 in a 9.4-9.6 as well.

I'm also looking for Silver Surfer and Sunfire cover appearances from the 70's excluding their (for SS) own titles (same grade range as above)

...and of course still looking for a Batman#237 (edited)

Thanks!

I think I saw a cgc 9.4 swampy 7 on either pedigree or clink this morning.

Thanks, but neither of which clarify whether they accept paypal or what mail service is used or if either is dependent on the seller. If they do (which I'm sure they do), the information is not indicated clear enough for my *spoon* to see conveniently. I'm a Jap - we have the funds, you just have to make it easy for us to use it!

Which is a shame because I want that TECH#423 at Pedigree and a few others. I registered, but have no clue what any of the guidelines are.

Wow, I took your advice and checked out Pedigree and was glad to see I won a bid, but $18 shipping for one book? Ummm....not happening!

Considering that Doug uses USPS Priority with insurance, he's only charging about $10 over shipping costs. Usually his books are over $100, so it's really not that bad. At least that's what I've convinced myself over the years... confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow, I took your advice and checked out Pedigree and was glad to see I won a bid, but $18 shipping for one book? Ummm....not happening!

Considering that Doug uses USPS Priority with insurance, he's only charging about $10 over shipping costs. Usually his books are over $100, so it's really not that bad. At least that's what I've convinced myself over the years... confused-smiley-013.gif

I completely agree that if I was buying a book that was a few hundred (or even a couple hundred) dollars I probably wouldn't have balked at it - but this was going to be my first purchase (and thus I was testing the service out) and the book itself was only $50 I just can't see paying $18 shipping for a $50 book. Also, the email I got sent said they switched to Federal Express recently, which unfortunately doesn't ship to a very convenient pick-up point where I'm at.

I'm not at all displeased with the service and have nothing negative to say. They responded promptly to my bid, and I stated my problems with the potential order - apologized for wasting his time - and that was the end of it. No problems.