• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #100...how many pages should it have?

7 posts in this topic

I'm pretty new to buying GA stuff and am not sure how many pages books from different years have. Normally I buy Silver and Bronze stuff which of course all have 32 pages. Anyway, I just received a copy of Batman #100 I bought off eBay. It looks pretty decent but I am almost certain it is missing at least one wrap as it only has 28 pages. I don't notice anything obviously torn out, but one of the stories abruptly ends at the centerfold so I am assuming that wrap became detached and is missing...possibly more than just one wrap if this comic is supposed to have more than 32 pages? confused-smiley-013.gif

doesnt the 36 include the covers?

there should be 8 sheets of 4 pages each in every 32 page comic book. Adding 4 cover pages = 36

The next size up are 52 pages: 12 sheets of 4 pages plus the covers is 52

then comes 64 pagers: 16 sheets of 4 plus 4 covers = 68.

then 80 page Giants which were 20 sheets of 4 plus the covers = 84

and finally 100-pagers: 24 sheets of 4 plus the covers = 100

For some reason, only the 52-pagers and 100-pagers were marketed including the covers in the page county. Probably to make the increased price (25 cents up from 12 and a DOLLAR! from 20 cents!) palatable by exaggerating the page count you got for the extra dough.

If it was Superman 100 we were talking about I could help you out by opening mine up to the centerfold and taking a digital photo to post. Maybe someone could do that with a BM 100 so you dont send back a book with nothing wrong with it.