• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARG!! E-Bay shippers are driving me crazy!!

13 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone can beat this!!

I won a Wolverine Limited Series #1,#2, and #4 for about $19 with shipping. Description was "excellent" condition and they are pretty nice (VF- range) but the shipping was crazy. Told the seller that I wanted it package securely with out tape near the comic. He package all three comics without bags/boards in a padded envelope. No cardboard, no nothing! He did write "Don't bend" on the outside but a baby could have bent this package. Thankfully the set looks ok but my answer is "What was he thinking?".

And to make things more frustrating - the shipping was $1.50 and he charged me $4.00. Grrr!!

I need other horror stories to make me feel better!!

Yep, we've all been there. Seen it all...

I once received a Superman 23 that was sealed in a Ziploc bag and inserted into a yellow envelope. No cardboard or padding of any kind! By some absolute miracle, it arrived unscathed.

The best packagers I have seen are Comiclink. They take a CGC book, wrap it in a padded envelope and seal it like a mummy with tape, put that in another padded envelope and repeat. Put two 1/4 inch sheets of cardboard and tape that around it. Then put in a box that is very rigid. They then send via UPS. Takes several minutes to open package. For this they charge $14.

Not exactly a horror story. I also got a book from Bedrock Comics this week that was packaged similiarly expect the box was big enought to hold like 20 CGC comics. The book package was insulated by bubblewrap and foam. This was 8 bucks.

This book:

act284.jpg

I bought in 1988 for $14 from a CBG ad and came in a manilla envelope (no foam padding). Luckily I caught the mailman that day before he bent it and shoved it in the mailbox as the sender didn't write "do not bend" on the package. Hope that one makes you feel better stooges.gif

A few years ago my copy of Action Comics #120 was delivered in an envelope without a backing board and a "do not bend" note. The mail man had folded the package and placed in my mailbox. Luckily, the book was still curved and not completely folded in 2. It came back a CGC 6.5, but it was probably a 7.0/7.5 before the incident.

That being said, I don't like receiving books packaged like a fortress either! For instance, I had won this full set of "Sojourn" books off Ebay, and it literally took me about 30 minutes to pry that baby loose. I swear there must have been about 4 boxes inside each other, and all were reinforced with some sort of steel wire and all duct taped to each other. I literally had to take out my tool kit (hammer, screwdriver, scissors, small saw.........you name it) to open that sucker. I was so tired by the end that I didn't even bother checking the books until the following day. foreheadslap.gif

That being said, I don't like receiving books packaged like a fortress either! For instance, I had won this full set of "Sojourn" books off Ebay, and it literally took me about 30 minutes to pry that baby loose. I swear there must have been about 4 boxes inside each other, and all were reinforced with some sort of steel wire and all duct taped to each other. I literally had to take out my tool kit (hammer, screwdriver, scissors, small saw.........you name it) to open that sucker. I was so tired by the end that I didn't even bother checking the books until the following day. foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

I usually put a CGC comic in a padded envelope and then in a Priority Box AND then in a final priority box.

I paid $9.00 for priority shipping for just 1 comic last Monday. High, Yes, I know. Emailed This monday to see if he sent the book, Stated he would on Tues and give me the tracking number. Got the tracking number on tues but just checked the Post office website and the book still has not shipped. Christo_pull_hair.gif If I don't get the book by Sat. I may post his ebay sig on here ecspecially if the book isn't in stated condition. On the Bright side Just got my GL 76 that I won on Friday extremely well packed and he gave me a free Wizard World Wolverine the end #1. thier id is (rmsmithsantacruz) Nice people and book arrived in condition I expected headbang.gif

The best packagers I have seen are Comiclink. They take a CGC book, wrap it in a padded envelope and seal it like a mummy with tape, put that in another padded envelope and repeat. Put two 1/4 inch sheets of cardboard and tape that around it. Then put in a box that is very rigid. They then send via UPS. Takes several minutes to open package. For this they charge $14.

Not exactly a horror story. I also got a book from Bedrock Comics this week that was packaged similiarly expect the box was big enought to hold like 20 CGC comics. The book package was insulated by bubblewrap and foam. This was 8 bucks.

This book:

act284.jpg

I bought in 1988 for $14 from a CBG ad and came in a manilla envelope (no foam padding). Luckily I caught the mailman that day before he bent it and shoved it in the mailbox as the sender didn't write "do not bend" on the package. Hope that one makes you feel better stooges.gif

I couldn't agree more about Comiclink. I bought Adventure Comics #37CGC-graded from them last month. When the package arrived it literally took me 5 minutes to get to the book. The slab was wrapped in bubble wrap, and that was in turn wrapped in about 4 to 5 UPS mailer bags. That bundle was put in a sturdy UPS box (filled with packing peanuts)! It was an awesome sight!!! But when you buy a $700 book from a big-name comic site, that's what I expect.

I paid $9.00 for priority shipping for just 1 comic last Monday. High, Yes, I know. Emailed This monday to see if he sent the book, Stated he would on Tues and give me the tracking number. Got the tracking number on tues but just checked the Post office website and the book still has not shipped. Christo_pull_hair.gif If I don't get the book by Sat. I may post his ebay sig on here ecspecially if the book isn't in stated condition. On the Bright side Just got my GL 76 that I won on Friday extremely well packed and he gave me a free Wizard World Wolverine the end #1. thier id is (rmsmithsantacruz) Nice people and book arrived in condition I expected headbang.gif

I love people that charge for priority shipping but wait 3 weeks to mail out the books.

I love people that charge for priority shipping but wait 3 weeks to mail out the books.

...and when they do, they send it regular mail for $2.00 893naughty-thumb.gif

"Got the tracking number on tues but just checked the Post office website and the book still has not shipped."

As a shipper, I know that USPS is very slow to input the information. Often I will see absolutely nothing in there about me having shipped a book I know was shipped and then voila it is delivered and the website shows the delivery.

I was wondering if anyone can beat this!!

I won a Wolverine Limited Series #1,#2, and #4 for about $19 with shipping. Description was "excellent" condition and they are pretty nice (VF- range) but the shipping was crazy. Told the seller that I wanted it package securely with out tape near the comic. He package all three comics without bags/boards in a padded envelope. No cardboard, no nothing! He did write "Don't bend" on the outside but a baby could have bent this package. Thankfully the set looks ok but my answer is "What was he thinking?".

And to make things more frustrating - the shipping was $1.50 and he charged me $4.00. Grrr!!

I need other horror stories to make me feel better!!

I won a CGC book, requested that it be wrapped with plenty of padding and boxed. I happened to be present when the postman arrived and handed me the box. It was like picking up one of those boxed plastic model kits- I could hear all the pieces rattling around in the box. The CGC case was in about 30 pieces. The guy had put it in a box, but 'forgotten' to put in any padding whatsoever. foreheadslap.gif

I e-mailed him and he said that's how he ships all his books, and no one has ever complained before. makepoint.gif

I've had several where they've flattend out the priority box so it's a really large package, then taped the book down inside of a mylar snug. Of course, after the p.o. has whipped it around a few times, the book flies out, gets wrapped up in the tape, and that's all she wrote. Had to use feedback extortion to return one such book - the clown ruined a beautiful early Superboy like this. Sometimes I wonder if they ever RECEIVE anything in the mail, because if you do, the "average bear" would figure some of this stuff out.