• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horrorcon Report

9 posts in this topic

Went to the show in Nashville today. Had alot of B Listers (well to me they are) like the guy who first played michael myers, guy who played Jason, some old playboy girl, shazam and a ton of small press people I have never heard of. They did have Eric Powell which was cool so got some books signed by him. (He wasn't doing commissions and had no artwork).

Had a decent amount of vendors with some regulars Crazy Ed, Koop, Dave's Comics. Basically it was mid grade bronze and silver overgraded at guide or hundreds of $1.00 boxes with 90's drek. I wasn't much in the mood to haggle over mid grade so only grabbed some trades. There were some booths that had some nicer stuff but overpriced imo (the boards have spoiled me) One Booth has a ton of trades at $5 each. Grabbed some original conan trades, new conan trades, new titans and something else.

Found a 1993 and 1997 heroes con program for $1.00 each, so that was my highlight as I love that show and have all the programs from my attendings.

Crazy Ed had a bats 232 at 9.0 that caught my eye. I was thinking $150-$175 and I would tell Ed to keep his reader copy. He starts his song and dance, pulls it off the shelf and says today for you $375. I just walked off as I wasn't in the mood for him. Of course he was like come back come back, *spoon* him.

My son got to hang out with the 501st (he was wearing his clone trooper costume), some dude had a chewbacca costume and was on foot high platforms, guy was tallllll. Saw thong girl (worse superhero this side of fat momma). Did a little more box searching (ended up spending more on my son than myself). He got a cool original from this guy name RAK who does super freaks (he's at every convention in america so i'm sure you all have seen him), got a new blaster and found him a scorch star wars figure.

Searched the *spoon* boxes for about an hour looking for some books for jonjesper(probably the ony moderns not on hand) mad.gif Last minute found a $5 adventure legion book (wedding of sun boy and saturn girl) cloud9.gif

Basically I went to the show with $400 bucks and came home with $320 and thats after spending $30 on my son. (i'm a compulsive con spender who has to blow his money if that tells you anything) Hopefully the Powell books will come back decent.

Grabs today:

Adventure #337 VG+ $5

NTT Annual 1 Free (someone gave to son)

2x Walking Dead 29 $.50

MTIO Ann 2 Reader $2

Trades ($5 each)

Superfriends cloud9.gif

Who is Donna Troy

Conan (original) Vol 2, 5, 6

Conan (current) Vol 1,2

Supreme Power Vol 1

Big Spender tongue.gif

Pirate I was reading the story and started laughing at the Crazy Ed story. That's typical for him. He waaaaaayyyyyy over inflates the prices on his slabs with zero attachment to reality and his ridiculous song and dance. He's basically someone I have to completely ignore.

I really enjoyed the con today and am going back tomorrow. This was the most vendors I had seen at a Nashville show before but you are right about overgraded/overpriced stuff, but if ya looked around there was a deal or two.

I really enjoyed the con today and am going back tomorrow. This was the most vendors I had seen at a Nashville show before but you are right about overgraded/overpriced stuff, but if ya looked around there was a deal or two.

You are right, I was told there was some good stuff in the dollar boxes, i'm just not the searching type. I'm a wall scanner and then will look for the $5 boxes smile.gif You could fill probably any 90's and later run you wanted with all the product there. I enjoyed walking around, just couldn't pull the trigger on any big purchases for some reason. Gonna wait and see what mid ohio is like.

I didn't even look in the dollar boxes, I picked up a very nice Spectacular Spider-Man#1, Avengers, 21 and 15, a Silver age OAAW some bronze Caps, Our Fighting Forces, and G I Combat...nothing really amazing but it made my day..that and the UT win cloud9.gif

Went to the show in Nashville today. Had alot of B Listers (well to me they are) like the guy who first played michael myers, guy who played Jason, some old playboy girl, shazam and a ton of small press people I have never heard of. They did have Eric Powell which was cool so got some books signed by him. (He wasn't doing commissions and had no artwork).

Had a decent amount of vendors with some regulars Crazy Ed, Koop, Dave's Comics. Basically it was mid grade bronze and silver overgraded at guide or hundreds of $1.00 boxes with 90's drek. I wasn't much in the mood to haggle over mid grade so only grabbed some trades. There were some booths that had some nicer stuff but overpriced imo (the boards have spoiled me) One Booth has a ton of trades at $5 each. Grabbed some original conan trades, new conan trades, new titans and something else.

Found a 1993 and 1997 heroes con program for $1.00 each, so that was my highlight as I love that show and have all the programs from my attendings.

Crazy Ed had a bats 232 at 9.0 that caught my eye. I was thinking $150-$175 and I would tell Ed to keep his reader copy. He starts his song and dance, pulls it off the shelf and says today for you $375. I just walked off as I wasn't in the mood for him. Of course he was like come back come back, *spoon* him.

My son got to hang out with the 501st (he was wearing his clone trooper costume), some dude had a chewbacca costume and was on foot high platforms, guy was tallllll. Saw thong girl (worse superhero this side of fat momma). Did a little more box searching (ended up spending more on my son than myself). He got a cool original from this guy name RAK who does super freaks (he's at every convention in america so i'm sure you all have seen him), got a new blaster and found him a scorch star wars figure.

Searched the *spoon* boxes for about an hour looking for some books for jonjesper(probably the ony moderns not on hand) mad.gif Last minute found a $5 adventure legion book (wedding of sun boy and saturn girl) cloud9.gif

Basically I went to the show with $400 bucks and came home with $320 and thats after spending $30 on my son. (i'm a compulsive con spender who has to blow his money if that tells you anything) Hopefully the Powell books will come back decent.

Grabs today:

Adventure #337 VG+ $5

NTT Annual 1 Free (someone gave to son)

2x Walking Dead 29 $.50

MTIO Ann 2 Reader $2

Trades ($5 each)

Superfriends cloud9.gif

Who is Donna Troy

Conan (original) Vol 2, 5, 6

Conan (current) Vol 1,2

Supreme Power Vol 1

Big Spender tongue.gif

Sold a #232 (other company 9.0) a few years back on ebay for $399 - are they down or did I just get lucky?