• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahhh, This Explains It!

30 posts in this topic

Just got the latest Mile High newsletter. Now we see why Dallas chose Chuck to sell his collection: he wants Chuck to overprice everything! Well, Dallas picked the right guy for the job...

From the newsletter from Chuck:

"My final item for today is an update on the Dallas Stephens collection. With all the craziness going on here in the warehouse in preparation for Jim Lee, we haven't been able to do much in the way of processing Dallas's comics. We have sent about 300 of his best books off to CGC to be professionally graded, and we're ready to rock on Monday preparing the remaining 8,000 books for the big San Diego Comic-Con International, which is just three weeks away! I did receive one letter from a loyal supporter of Mile High requesting that we make a listing of the Dallas Stephens books available online before San Diego. I would love to do that, but we're trying to make the San Diego exhibit an "event," so we really can't diminish the impact by listing all the books for sale ahead of time. What I can do, however, is put the listing up online at the same time as the beginning of the convention. I will then have constant downloads done from the servers in Colorado, and any book that sells online will be immediately removed from the San Diego inventory. This is all going to take a tremendous amount of work, however, as many of Dallas's books have never been in our inventory before, so thousands of new records will have to be created. Also, please bear in mind that we will not be able to include any of Dallas's books in any of our discount sales. The purpose of Dallas selling his books through us is to crea! te a long-term annuity fund for his two young children. With that thought in mind, he wants us to sell the books slowly, over as long as a decade. To keep too many of his books from selling too quickly, Dallas has requested that we price his books substantially over price guide prices, and frequently even over our premium prices. Frankly, there will be no bargains in the Dallas Stephens books. There will be, however, some issues listed which are so rare that I have not owned a copy in over 20 years! In three weeks, you'll see what I mean... "

893blahblah.gif

Just so you guys know.. if I ever sell any books.. mine are also from the "Dallas Stephens" collection and therefore will be priced at multiples of current CGC prices. Don't blame me, I'm just trying to help his children frown.gif

Brian

The purpose of Dallas selling his books through us is to crea! te a long-term annuity fund for his two young children. With that thought in mind, he wants us to sell the books slowly, over as long as a decade. To keep too many of his books from selling too quickly, Dallas has requested that we price his books substantially over price guide prices, and frequently even over our premium prices. Frankly, there will be no bargains in the Dallas Stephens books. There will be, however, some issues listed which are so rare that I have not owned a copy in over 20 years! In three weeks, you'll see what I mean... "

LMAO! The story gets more and more ridiculous. He sold the collection to Chuck so Chuck can ask prices that no one will pay, and he doesn't want all the money upfront. Like it would be a bad thing to have all the books sold now and then put the money in an annuity fund with a bank. I can't wait to see Chuck at the Comic Con! makepoint.gif

Just so you guys know.. if I ever sell any books.. mine are also from the "Dallas Stephens" collection and therefore will be priced at multiples of current CGC prices. Don't blame me, I'm just trying to help his children frown.gif

Brian

Brilliant! LMFAO

Just got the latest Mile High newsletter. Now we see why Dallas chose Chuck to sell his collection: he wants Chuck to overprice everything! Well, Dallas picked the right guy for the job...

"My final item for today is an update on the Dallas Stephens collection. With all the craziness going on here in the warehouse in preparation for Jim Lee, we haven't been able to do much in the way of processing Dallas's comics. We have sent about 300 of his best books off to CGC to be professionally graded, and we're ready to rock on Monday preparing the remaining 8,000 books for the big San Diego Comic-Con International, which is just three weeks away! I did receive one letter from a loyal supporter of Mile High requesting that we make a listing of the Dallas Stephens books available online before San Diego. I would love to do that, but we're trying to make the San Diego exhibit an "event," so we really can't diminish the impact by listing all the books for sale ahead of time. What I can do, however, is put the listing up online at the same time as the beginning of the convention. I will then have constant downloads done from the servers in Colorado, and any book that sells online will be immediately removed from the San Diego inventory. This is all going to take a tremendous amount of work, however, as many of Dallas's books have never been in our inventory before, so thousands of new records will have to be created. Also, please bear in mind that we will not be able to include any of Dallas's books in any of our discount sales. The purpose of Dallas selling his books through us is to crea! te a long-term annuity fund for his two young children. With that thought in mind, he wants us to sell the books slowly, over as long as a decade. To keep too many of his books from selling too quickly, Dallas has requested that we price his books substantially over price guide prices, and frequently even over our premium prices. Frankly, there will be no bargains in the Dallas Stephens books. There will be, however, some issues listed which are so rare that I have not owned a copy in over 20 years! In three weeks, you'll see what I mean... "

893blahblah.gif

there are some things that just defy all logic, rationale and common sense. Chuck is such an enigma . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . and a POS too . . .

DAM

893blahblah.gif

there are some things that just defy all logic, rationale and common sense. Chuck is such an enigma . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . and a POS too . . .

DAM

Does the man beleive his own [!@#%^&^]?

there are some things that just defy all logic, rationale and common sense. Chuck is such an enigma

I know he must check these boards out. I wish he'd step up and say something.

Chris

I just called Chuck.. look for the Murph0 collection on eBay in a couple weeks.. I had him price all my books at 4 times MHC prices.. b/c I'm starting a scholarship fund for underprivleged children of Cuba. So bid them up!

Brian

I just called Chuck.. look for the Murph0 collection on eBay in a couple weeks.. I had him price all my books at 4 times MHC prices.. b/c I'm starting a scholarship fund for underprivleged children of Cuba. So bid them up!

Brian

umm Brian,...education is free for the masses in Cuba...part of that whole communism thing....that's what makes it so great there.

J.D.

The purpose of Dallas selling his books through us is to crea! te a long-term annuity fund for his two young children. With that thought in mind, he wants us to sell the books slowly, over as long as a decade. To keep too many of his books from selling too quickly, Dallas has requested that we price his books substantially over price guide prices, and frequently even over our premium prices.

I usually give Chuck the benefit of a doubt but am dumbfounded by this comment! Some of you know the guy.....is Dallas this stupid? Who's to say the market will be anywhere as lucrative in 5 years time, much less in 10 years, as it is now? I can't believe that a man who has accumulated a collection as nice as how Chuck describes it can buy into this notion. Why not sell all now when the market is kind to GA material and invest the money in more stable portfolios?

I'm starting to believe that Chuck (and maybe Dallas if this is to be believed) has smoked a little too much peyote during those pottery trips........

Jim

The purpose of Dallas selling his books through us is to crea! te a long-term annuity fund for his two young children. With that thought in mind, he wants us to sell the books slowly, over as long as a decade. To keep too many of his books from selling too quickly, Dallas has requested that we price his books substantially over price guide prices, and frequently even over our premium prices.

I usually give Chuck the benefit of a doubt but am dumbfounded by this comment! Some of you know the guy.....is Dallas this stupid? Who's to say the market will be anywhere as lucrative in 5 years time, much less in 10 years, as it is now? I can't believe that a man who has accumulated a collection as nice as how Chuck describes it can buy into this notion. Why not sell all now when the market is kind to GA material and invest the money in more stable portfolios?

I'm starting to believe that Chuck (and maybe Dallas if this is to be believed) has smoked a little too much peyote during those pottery trips........

Jim

It make no sense...My only conclusion is that Chuck, ever needing to be seen in control of a bad situation, made up this whole insane scenario to make it appear he knows what he's is doing.......hoping desperately that the majority of the people who read it, have no more than a 6th grade education,...and can't see that it makes no financial sense.

J.D.