• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahhh, This Explains It!

30 posts in this topic

What are the odds that there is no Dallas Stephens?

that chuck made him up

Nope...other people here on the forum have made bids on this lot....Bob Storms is one I believe....He exists.

J.D.

Some of you know the guy.....is Dallas this stupid? Who's to say the market will be anywhere as lucrative in 5 years time, much less in 10 years, as it is now? I can't believe that a man who has accumulated a collection as nice as how Chuck describes it can buy into this notion. Why not sell all now when the market is kind to GA material and invest the money in more stable portfolios?

Many people who have collected comics for more than a few years believe prices for quality material in 5-10 years will be stronger than today. Sure, there may be a crash but I wouldn't bet on it (for high grade gold/silver). I saw the Dallas collection and would much rather have my money invested in those books rather than stocks.

cool.gif

Many people who have collected comics for more than a few years believe prices for quality material in 5-10 years will be stronger than today.

Well sure they're going to say that. They have a vested interest and don't want to look like fools. Most people who put in a lot of money for quality comics aren't likely to say "yeah the comics I have will be worth 50% of what I paid for them in 5-10 years".

Sure, there may be a crash but I wouldn't bet on it (for high grade gold/silver). I saw the Dallas collection and would much rather have my money invested in those books rather than stocks.

Not saying a crash will occur either BUT it could happen considering the current volatile state of comics.....

Stocks aren't the only option available. And there are multiple other more stable places to put your money than comics. Especially considering it's for his kids if Chuck is to be believed....

Jim

[quoteI'm starting to believe that Chuck (and maybe Dallas if this is to be believed) has smoked a little too much peyote during those pottery trips........

Jim

Off-topic, but peyote is chewed or taken as a tea. Not smoked. (Take it from an Oklahoma Indian on that!)

It still wouldn't explain this selling strategy, though.

Hawk: You can smoke it if it's been refined into mescaline hydrochloride - but I don't know what the affects would be. Better to just ingest on an empty stomach, sit back with a copy of "Doors of Perception," and relax ...

Has anybody read his latest TFDB in CBG? It's his most brilliant work yet! I don't have it w/ me right now, but it's ridiculous. Will try and post excerpts from it tomorrow. All about "Investing in comics is a bad idea".

Chris

Hawk: You can smoke it if it's been refined into mescaline hydrochloride - but I don't know what the affects would be. Better to just ingest on an empty stomach, sit back with a copy of "Doors of Perception," and relax ...

But don't tell the wannabee Hippies that. We tell 'em to eat a big traditional Frybread and venison stew feast first, THEN eat it.

umm Brian,...education is free for the masses in Cuba...part of that whole communism thing....that's what makes it so great there.

and cigars... don't forget those beautiful cigars from Cuba!!! After all, Kramer nearly gave his left nut to the Cuban embassy for them 893applaud-thumb.gif