• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War Comics for Sale - LOADS of 'em

282 posts in this topic

Our Army at War #215 7.0 Classic Heath art. Book looks 9.0+, but there are some spots of black colour touch on the spine and along the edges. $5.00

oaaw215d.jpg

what the heck, color touch or not takeit.gif

Good choice!!! It's a killer book, and the Heath art inside is to DIE for. I remember buying at a con, right after I got back into collecting. And I couldn't believe I found a KILLER NM COPY of it. And then I get it home, slipped it out of the mylar and...

Still, it was my prime copy for over five years until, miraculously, a nice non-touched up one appeared.

does the color touch bleed onto the pages very much? I'm not terribly worried I'm just looking forward to reading this, and oogling Heath's beautiful work cloud9.gif

Russ Heath... cloud9.gif

nice pickup! saved me the angst of trying to decide whether to buy it or not

does the color touch bleed onto the pages very much? I'm not terribly worried I'm just looking forward to reading this, and oogling Heath's beautiful work cloud9.gif

Russ Heath... cloud9.gif

nice pickup! saved me the angst of trying to decide whether to buy it or not

27_laughing.gif yeah I've been going back and forth on this one for a day or two but it looks really nice and Heath was definitely the kicker thumbsup2.gif

No, the colour touch does not affect the interior pages at all. In fact, the pages are beautiful... nice and white.

Such a great book.

Shep

thanks for inspiring me. I went through and resorted my DC inventory. I decided to make room by pulling all of my DC war books for sale. I have well over 200 and very nice runs of the 20 centers and up. Not sure if I will have the time to scan and list each one separately or If I will try to sell them off as a nice lot.

Is there any similar interest in Blackhawks and/or the Marvel/Charleton war titles?

thanks for inspiring me. I went through and resorted my DC inventory. I decided to make room by pulling all of my DC war books for sale. I have well over 200 and very nice runs of the 20 centers and up. Not sure if I will have the time to scan and list each one separately or If I will try to sell them off as a nice lot.

Is there any similar interest in Blackhawks and/or the Marvel/Charleton war titles?

I'll buy all the NM Paratrooper books you have.

I'll be happy to pull all the Paratrooper covers. If we are talking Mile High NM I probably have dozens. If you want CGC 9.4 I doubt I have any that would qualify.

So you would be interested in any Blackhawk that had a paratrooper on the cover?

Any 12 or 15 centers?

I'll be happy to pull all the Paratrooper covers. If we are talking Mile High NM I probably have dozens. If you want CGC 9.4 I doubt I have any that would qualify.

So you would be interested in any Blackhawk that had a paratrooper on the cover?

I have some Blackhawk paratrooper covers, none in NM though. These are the covers I have identified as Paratrooper covers:

Blackhawk 34

Blackhawk 61

Blackhawk 62

Blackhawk 75

Blackhawk 87

Blackhawk 92

Blackhawk 99

Blackhawk 104

Blackhawk 122

Blackhawk 140

Blackhawk 180

if you have any in 9.0-9.2 I'd be interested, please PM me if you have any of those

Out of the DC war books probably 20+ 12-15 centers and at least 1 or 2 10 centers.

certainly some SGT fury down to that price range as well as quite a few ot the charletons. Most of the Blackhawks are 15 cent or below