• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lunch Money - Finding GA Treasures Under $50

52 posts in this topic

That Thing 16 was part of a warehouse find of some 10,000 copies - there were also a lot of THING 17 found, with its cool sorcerer Ditko cover

Yeah, I knew it was common as dirt when I bought it, but for $28 who gives a 893censored-thumb.gif

it is a great book, being common doesn't change that!

It truly is a great book, when i saw it i remembered back to when i was buying them 100 for 20 cents a pop back circa 1968 - and there could have been more than 10,000

the Thing 17s were 50 cent each when buying 100 of them at a time

Blue Bolt 103 LB Cole cover totem pole issue was also part of this find, 1000s of them, and i remember them being 25 cents each when getting 100 at a time

I know, cuz i was doing this and came back to dip in that well several times

The Guide should reflect this industry common knowledge, well, common knowledge to old timers in the hobby getting the RBCC, where the ads first began appearing

There were other Charltons - the find came out of the San Fran Bay Area

other ones in this find were a couple Charlton crime comics and a couple romance - if i look at the Gerber , and they are listed there, i could pick out the covers

But, still, they were flooded into the comics market way back when, so what you paid was a very reasonable price for a great book - the entire THING run is cool stuff