• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valeria, Tulsa Doom in Conan Series

8 posts in this topic

Hello, Kind of new to this board.

Wondering if anyone can help.

Does anyone know of any appearence of Valeria out of any of the Conan books before Savage Tales # 2 ? I found the Origin of Valeria in later issues but am looking for actual first appearance. Closest I have found is in reading Savage Tales # 2. Or, would anyone know possibly any first appearance in the Conan the Barbarian Comics if all else fails.

When magazines come on board as CGC graded, maybe we will have a whole new list of characters to deal with in integrating many unknown first appearances.

Any body know the first appearance and or origin of TULSA DOOM in comic magazines or standard comics?

Any body know the first appearance and or origin of TULSA DOOM in comic magazines or standard comics?

I know the character appeared in the color comics Kull the Conqueror #3 in 1973, but may have showed up in an earlier issue as well. I'll check this weekend (unless somebody else here knows for sure).

Cheers,

Z.

Thulsa...

Tulsa Doom is about 80 miles northeast of me.

I'm livin in Tulsa. With the job market the way it is here I think it IS doomed. grin.gif

Do you have any good comics stores there? I visited once and found some smaller ones...Anything nice? If you have some good ones, I'll make the trip just for them sometime. Maybe we'll do lunch!

Thulsa...

Tulsa Doom is about 80 miles northeast of me.

I'm livin in Tulsa. With the job market the way it is here I think it IS doomed. grin.gif

Do you have any good comics stores there? I visited once and found some smaller ones...Anything nice? If you have some good ones, I'll make the trip just for them sometime. Maybe we'll do lunch!

There are about half a dozen shops in town. I hit up a couple of them once in a while, but generally don't buy very much there. Gardner's used books has thousands and thousands of comics, but they've been in the boxes for a long time so 99 percent of them have at least a pretty good bend in the middle. Still manage to find a few cheap items if I'm willing to spend a couple of hours looking. I take the opportunity to get my son a bunch of readers cheap.

Other shops are going more to cards and games. Back issues are just kind of a sideline. There's a couple of shops I haven't checked for a couple of years. I might hit them up this weekend.

Oh yeah, the Star Trek Expo. Is that this weekend?? I forgot. Anyone coming to that?

I know the character appeared in the color comics Kull the Conqueror #3 in 1973, but may have showed up in an earlier issue as well. I'll check this weekend (unless somebody else here knows for sure).

Cheers,

Z.

Right, Thulsa Doom. Actually showed up in the earlier Monsters on the Prowl #16, which was published during the hiatus between Kull 2 and 3. Incidentally, can anyone think of any other bronze age series with as apparently-random a publishing schedule as Kull the Conqueror?

Cheers,

Z.