• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo-Journal Guide to Marvel comics

6 posts in this topic

I was thinking about ordering this and i just wanted to check how good it really was

I know it shows you good pictures and tells you about the comic itself but what else does it talk about?

Thanks

Danny

It shows the cover but doesn't talk about the issues. It does display a "relative value index" for each comic, which is intended not to tell you exactly how much any comic is worth in dollars but rather how much each is worth compared to other comics.

There are some extremely well-thought-out, insightful articles at the front. Since I own most of the Marvels I want in the books or could see scans for them on the web now, the articles are more valuable to me now than the pictures! But I love the books, they were a great effort on the part of the late E. Gerber.

It is a great cover reference. It doesn't have all the issues of the obscure titles, but a good represenation. If you like Golden Age books, the Golden Age version is also excellent. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It is a great cover reference. It doesn't have all the issues of the obscure titles, but a good represenation. If you like Golden Age books, the Golden Age version is also excellent. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The Golden Age version is my single favorite comic book related book. I can't think of a single resource that has added as many books to my want list. "Look at that cover! I've got to get me one of those!"