• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

overpriced firsr appearances

124 posts in this topic

hello all, new here so please dont shoot me if this has been asked before. im just curious as to which first appearances you feel are insanely overpriced, and vice versa, underpriced?

tomb of dracula #10, overstreet $175.00 blade? who cares?????

werewolf by night #32, overstreet $125.00??? moonknight, who cares??

were these characters ever popular??

TOD#10, to me has always been overpriced. Blade just is not that exciting of a character in comics. In fact, prior to the movie, he was barely even known.

WBN#32. I like the Moon Knight character, so I can't really argue against his appearances being overvalued.

Eventually someone here, will mention AT#25, but don't listen to them.

I don't think ASM #129 or Werewolf #32 are overpriced. I think ASM is where it should be, and Werewolf has been underpriced in past years and is just now being where it should be.

I can't actually think of any overpriced 1st app in my opinion. In general I think Overstreet prices those accordingly, but overprices many of the surrounding issues.

Iron Fist 14 - Sabre-who?

WWBN 32 - All this hype and $$$ for... Moon Knight? screwy.gif

TOD 10 - Put a stake in Blade, he's done.

Ms Marvel 18 - WTF ???

Marvel Spotlight 5 - Nice book, but current prices are totally 893censored-thumb.gif up.

I don't think ASM #129 or Werewolf #32 are overpriced. I think ASM is where it should be, and Werewolf has been underpriced in past years and is just now being where it should be.

I can't actually think of any overpriced 1st app in my opinion. In general I think Overstreet prices those accordingly, but overprices many of the surrounding issues.

ASM 129 guides for almost as much as 121 & 122 combined. Completely absurb in my opinion.

Ms Marvel 18 - WTF ???

Marvel Spotlight 5 - Nice book, but current prices are totally 893censored-thumb.gif up.

I think IF 14 has been overpriced since the 90's, hence the reason I still don't own a NM copy

If not for the Byrne art, I would say it's the most overpriced 1st appearance.

Ms Marvel 18 - WTF ???

I agree with this entire list

Amazing Adventures 11 sumo.gif

Man, how did I miss that one? foreheadslap.gif

It's probably tied with Iron Fist 14 at the top of my list, and is easily the most over-rated "key" yeahok.gif in the entire BA.

And the worst thing is that the damn art is just horrible. I had 11-14 and couldnt stand to look at it, let alone try to read it.

Of course now that I am going to try and get the Picture Frames, i will have to get them again. foreheadslap.gif

And the worst thing is that the damn art is just horrible. I had 11-14 and couldnt stand to look at it, let alone try to read it.

Those were just as bad as the early Ghost Rider books - it would give you a brain tumor just to read them. makepoint.gif