• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why was rushmore 11209 banned?

6 posts in this topic

Okay, I might be fairly new here but I get it: "rushmore 11209" is really Krazy Kat who is really...someone else (does anybody know who this guy is?). And Krazy Kat was banned previously for inappropriate behavior. I'm not exactly sure what he did -- insulted people, I'm guessing, or insisted too stridently that original comic art was gonna skyrocket in value -- or something...but his previous postings were generally interesting. For the most part, I've enjoyed strolling through the old posts and reading them.

Understand that I don't have a single piece of OA that is gonna reach half the value of an original Romita cover and I'm not likely to ever have such a piece. I don't have the deep pockets to ever become a high value OA collector. That doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate the ASM #95 post that rushmore 11209 submitted. I think that the auction price WAS newsworthy and something I wouldn't have seen otherwise. (If you don't have much money, you seldom stroll the on-line auction houses.) It was a much more interesting post than the current "spider-man cover art" posting that seems to consist of "gman" and "Kevin76" throwing insults at one another.

If you`ve been banned from the boards under one ID, then any subsequent IDs that you create will be banned too. It`s the person who`s being banned, not the ID.

It doesn`t strike you as a teensy bit pathetic that he has so few people to talk to in real life that he`s willing to go through the trouble of creating a bunch of new IDs in order to keep coming back to a message board where he`s been kicked off and told he`s not welcome?

It doesn`t strike you as a teensy bit pathetic that he has so few people to talk to in real life that he`s willing to go through the trouble of creating a bunch of new IDs in order to keep coming back to a message board where he`s been kicked off and told he`s not welcome?

I doubt he came here to make friends, he came to promote an agenda. Regardless, it is pathetic.

Do any of the guys who drop $100K on original art hang out on these boards?

Yes... and they have posted from time to time too.

Chris

Okay, I might be fairly new here but I get it: "rushmore 11209" is really Krazy Kat who is really...someone else (does anybody know who this guy is?). And Krazy Kat was banned previously for inappropriate behavior. I'm not exactly sure what he did -- insulted people, I'm guessing, or insisted too stridently that original comic art was gonna skyrocket in value -- or something...but his previous postings were generally interesting. For the most part, I've enjoyed strolling through the old posts and reading them.

Understand that I don't have a single piece of OA that is gonna reach half the value of an original Romita cover and I'm not likely to ever have such a piece. I don't have the deep pockets to ever become a high value OA collector. That doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate the ASM #95 post that rushmore 11209 submitted. I think that the auction price WAS newsworthy and something I wouldn't have seen otherwise. (If you don't have much money, you seldom stroll the on-line auction houses.) It was a much more interesting post than the current "spider-man cover art" posting that seems to consist of "gman" and "Kevin76" throwing insults at one another.

I don't disagree that KK's posts were very interesting and sometimes even insightful, but I'm not sure why he kepts coming up with new IDs for the sole purpose of getting banned. I guess to prove he can. I'm sure he probably has another ID he uses that hasn't been banned, so he can participate but why continue to go to such lengths just to annoy people? Why not just contribute in a positive way?

Just wish we could all get along.