• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smorgasbord of Ultra-High Grade Duck Four Colors

13 posts in this topic

I've consigned the following Duck Four Colors to Heritage for their November Signature Auction. The auction is now live for internet bidding. Most of the run are quite simply the finest copies of these books that I have ever seen.

Full disclosure section: To my knowledge, none of these books has been pressed or otherwise manipulated or "maximized to their potential". The vast majority are in old labels, which isn't perfect insurance that they haven't been maximized but probably significantly reduces the likelihood of maximization.

The FC 108 and 386 were purchased slabbed from Heritage. The FC 147 was purchased slabbed from Mark Wilson. The FC 282 and 328 were purchased by me raw from Bill Hughes back in 1995 or so, and slabbed by me. The FC 282 would be a 9.6 but for some pretty heavy non-color breaking creases in the bottom left corner of the front cover, which probably resulted from it being dropped or otherwise stressed on that corner at some point during its life. The FC 300 was purchased from Paul Gambaccini, who I believe purchased it raw from Harley Yee many years ago. The FC 318 was purchased slabbed from a fellow named David Hornung. The FC 422 was purchased slabbed on ebay from treasuresofyouth (can`t remember who that is).

Without further ado, here`s the first batch of Four Colors:

Four Color #108 CGC 9.4 OW-W

822055026o.jpg

Four Color #147 CGC 9.4 OW-W

822055025o.jpg

Four Color #282 CGC 9.2 OW-W

822055024o.jpg

Four Color #300 CGC 9.4 OW-W

822055019o.jpg

Thanks!

Here are some other Duck books that I've got in the auction. Same disclosure as posted above regarding pressing and other forms of manipulation.

Dell Giant Comics: Donald Duck Beach Party #5 CGC 9.6 OW-W

822055043o.jpg

Donald Duck Beach Party #1 CGC 9.6 OW-W

822055044o.jpg

Dell Giant Comics Picnic Party #8 CGC 9.6 OW

822055027o.jpg

Dell Giant #49 (Huey, Dewey & Louie Back to School) CGC 9.6 OW-W

822055045o.jpg

I'm high bidder on both of these (and three others)! I hope my bids last through tomorrow.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'd say your chances on the 2 DDs are pretty good, as the current high bid is higher than I was expecting!

Best of luck with your bids on the other books! I bet I can guess at least 2 of them wink.gif (you should have bought them from me earlier this year! poke2.gif)