• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fear Agent?

16 posts in this topic

And be prepared to sell a kidney to pay for the page.

That's what I did. I now own page 4 of issue 1, but I have to use the bathroom every 10 minutes. Oh well, it was worth it. yay.gif

Tony doesn't really like to part with his work. Last time I saw him, he had a Walking Dead page with a price tag of $2200. 893whatthe.gif He said it was one of his favorite pages and he didn't want to sell it unless he got so much for it he simply wouldn't be able to refuse. I think he'll have that page for a long time.

And be prepared to sell a kidney to pay for the page.

That's what I did. I now own page 4 of issue 1, but I have to use the bathroom every 10 minutes. Oh well, it was worth it. yay.gif

Tony doesn't really like to part with his work. Last time I saw him, he had a Walking Dead page with a price tag of $2200. 893whatthe.gif He said it was one of his favorite pages and he didn't want to sell it unless he got so much for it he simply wouldn't be able to refuse. I think he'll have that page for a long time.

Sweet! I just looked at the book - that's a great page. Do you have a scan of the art? I'd love a page from Fear Agent, but the prices are currently higher than I'd pay.

I paid way over market value when I bought my Walking Dead page from Tony, but now it's probably worth twice what I paid, so maybe he's onto something.

Sweet! I just looked at the book - that's a great page. Do you have a scan of the art?

I'll try and take a photo of it tonight and post it up here. It is a great page. He put Wally Wood's signature in the lower left corner of the first panel as a tribute, which I thought was pretty cool. Unfortunately, it got covered up by text in the comic.

i also coughed up a lung for two pages at SD

When you compare his prices to other OA it is a bit pricey and normally I would just walk away, but I really loved the page, so I made an exception.

However, I think comic art is beginning to gain more acceptance as a legitimate art form though and when you compare it to buying a painting or even a fine art drawing from a gallery, the prices are pretty comparable. I've spent thousands of dollars on a painting, so a couple hundred bucks on an OA page doesn't really phase me. Still, I can only afford to do that about once or twice a year.