• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential fake or recreation on Ebay

10 posts in this topic

The easiest way to tell that it's a fake is that the lettering doesn't match up. If you look at the banner at the top (specifically "The Fabulous"), the spacing between the wording is different on the printed page. Becuase someone added the notations at the top, it appears that someone created this with the intention to deceive. It's not just a simple recreation.

FF #48 is one of those stories for which the original art has never surfaced on the open market. Unfortunately, it looks as though it is still it is unaccounted for.

I love how he covers his buttocks by carefully stating he can't vouch for the authenticity. Get the feeling the guy found out he was taken to the cleaners and is trying recoup his loss?

That line just screams "I'm scamming you!!!"

I agree that he didn't create the fake, but is trying to recoup his loss. Whoever faked the page put a LOT of effort into it, but this guy can't even put together a halfway decent eBay listing.