• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is a date stamp worth ...?

3 posts in this topic

I have been following a CGC 9.0 Journey Into Mystery # 103 with light tan/off-white pages (Ist app. of Enchantress) on ebay. Right now the book is going for $306. I listed a CGC9.2 JIM 103 w/white pages on ebay with a BIN of $275.00 and no one placed a bid. However it had a smudged date stamp on the cover. My question is ... am I being unreasonable with the BIN or the highest bidder in the other auction does not know better?

CGC9 JIM #103

All opinions would be appreciated.

I think that the right buyer didn't see it. I don't remember what the smudge looked like, but if it wasn't horrible, it shouldn't have really made much of a difference.

But what do I know? I only buy 9.4 or better books.

insane.gif

How high did you start the bidding at? If you had an opening bid of $100 or higher, or simply tried to sell as a BIN sale, you may have stifled the momentum of the auction by limiting the 'auction fever' effect.