• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is comic*seller

46 posts in this topic

i stopped reading his auctions after this;

Restoration-I will never sell a unrestored book as restored

893whatthe.gif

somebody smack him already

A better question would be,

Has anyone from the boards bought one of his Raw HG books and was satisfied confused-smiley-013.gif

This isn't gio72? confused-smiley-013.gif

It sure resembles his auction format and phrasing.

Just FYI, I believe these sellers are Kim Reganato and Johnny Hertrich of Oceanside, NY. They have used the name "gio72" and "comic*seller24" in the past, among others. They frequently sell restored books as unrestored, or books that are horribly overgraded. I had the misfortune of dealing with them back in 2003 on an Amazing Spider-Man #6 that was horribly overgraded and advertised as a NM copy (in reality, it was maybe a VF structurally with serious interior cover tanning and cream pages). They also tried to sell an Amazing Fantasy #15 in high grade as an unrestored copy. Comic-Keys said that Johnny Hertrich had purchased that issue from him as a restored copy some months prior.

The bottom line is to avoid this seller.

what's the point? anyone selling out of new york is a con artist if they have nice stuff because someone in Queens was a scammer?

as a comic selling new yorker you're defaming my livelihood here man, well, at least the part of my livelihood that pays the cable/internet bill and chinese/sushi delivery 3 or 4 times a week. (although this months' sales have paid my mortgage for the next two months)

"Comic*seller's first feedback is from Gio72 so probably a very accurate guess."

I think this is better evidence than libeling a metropolis of 8 million+ residents (plus another million or so illegals).

Personally, I think New Mexicans are very shifty people.

"Comic*seller's first feedback is from Gio72 so probably a very accurate guess."

I think this is better evidence than libeling a metropolis of 8 million+ residents (plus another million or so illegals).

Personally, I think New Mexicans are very shifty people.

Quite the chip you've got there on your shoulder. You totally missed my "point" by jumping to conclusions with you hair-trigger temper. Relax, dude!

And now that it seems to be Gio72, there are 2 comic book scammers in New York! I can't believe it, no way!