• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS Silver Age Green Lantern Books RAW PLEASE READ!

14 posts in this topic

Green Lantern #42 EXCELLENT color on this book.

I agree with the 7.5-8.0 range that others gave this. Tough book to find in this grade!

$65.00

It can be seen here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1461221

Green Lantern #43 I may be under a bit I'm going to have to say 5.0 on this one. Still a great looking book!

$24.00

It can be seen here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1461222

Green Lantern #44 Small impact dent at the bottom of the back cover and the slight fray at the bottom spine corner keep me from calling this anything higher than a 6.5.

Another really nice looking example with great color.

$50.00

It can be seen here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1461224

I don't have scans yet but I also have the following:

Green Lantern #46 7.0-7.5 $60.00

#48 7.0-7.5 $60.00

#50 6.0 $28.00

#58 7.5 This one has two printing creases on the front cover that DO NOT break color but they can be seen when tilted and reflected. $50.00

As most of you know, all of these books are tough to find in higher grades. There is an interesting provenance to these books which I will be happy to pass on to the purchasers and I will not mention here as I don't want it to appear that I'm trying to make up some prior ownership simply to sell the books.

Add $3.00 for individual books and $1.00 for each additional for shipping.

I use STURDY mailers for comics that cost me a pretty penny and you will not be disappointed!

Post your takeit.gif or PM me!

Thanks guys! yay.gif

What issue of Lois Lane is that caption from in your sig? I would guess it's a LL issues as I recognize the Kurt Schaffenberger art.

I'm not sure to be honest. The panel before this one has a robot Superman spanking Lois over his knee

huckster the provenance and see if they sell......

Ok, here it is:

These books were part of a collection of books owned by Harry Phillipo. Anyone who is a big Hal Jordon, Green Lantern fan has Harry to thank for bringing back Hal as the Green Lantern.

Harry founded a Hal Jordon fan club called H.E.A.T.. (CAREFUL LOTS of POP-UP's with this site)

"The Hal's Emerald Advancement Team"

The goal of the "team" if you will, was to convince DC to bring back Hal from being the Spectre as the TRUE Green Lantern. Because DC had turned him into a mass-murderer. Read HERE for more info on that.

Eventually H.E.A.T. accomplished their goal and Hal is again the Green Lantern.

Also as part of this collection I have a couple modern books that were signed to Harry (one inscribed) and the other says "To the second biggest Hal fan from the first biggest, Sincerely Ron Marz"

Marz actually went so far as to write Harry into a Green Lantern TPB as a character! (which I have Harry's copy I just can't remember the title)

Sadly Harry died on January 20th of this year and his collection was sold by his family with no one to remember what he and the other H.E.A.T. members had done for Hal Jordan.

My goal is to pass this information on so that it can be carried on with these books!

Thanks guys!

Ok, my final bumpit.gif for these. They are still for sale individually or now if you are interested in all of them you can have them for $300.00 shipping included.

Back into my collection they go if no one is interested.

This offer is only good until 11/16/06.

Ok, my final bump for these and I've lowered the prices to the absolute bottom. Bargains to be had! FREE SHIPPING!

GL #42 $50.00

GL #43 $18.00

GL #44 $38.00

GL #46 $45.00

GL #48 $45.00

GL #50 $20.00

GL #58 $38.00

OR

$250 for all with FREE SHIPPING! popcorn.gif

yay.gif