• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston, MA Nov. 5th GOLDEN FREEBIES!!

23 posts in this topic

I will be at up at the Boston show on Nov.5th at the Boston Radisson Hotel 200 Stuart St. 6th floor. I will be giving away FREE! copies of comics that contain art by show guest Michael Golden!! yay.gif Comics will be distributed randomly but I have some with Golden covers and some interior art.

Sorry for the late notice, but thanks to Ed(ft88) for quickly getting me some more items to make available tomorrow! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Come by the table, I'll be located to left along the windows in the big room! Hope you can make it!

Andrew

It was (as always) good to see you!

Next time I would hope to organzie a giveaway with a little more notice! (that is, if there is a guest yeahok.gif)

Next time I would hope to organzie a giveaway with a little more notice! (that is, if there is a guest yeahok.gif)

The Boston show has always had a guest and usually several since 1975 and will again at the next show February 18. Michael Golden was a great guest with the fans and I wish that there were more like him.

You have three months to get organzied. yeahok.gif

I was there and spent a ton of money (for me). I got Michael Golden to sign an old House Of Secrets for me and talked to him for a moment. Nice guy!

Thanks for another great show, Dave!

Thanks for coming. There was tons of great stuff for sale and it was was fun as always. Mr. Golden was a pro and everyone who met him had something positive to say. He should go over well at the National.

The Boston show has always had a guest and usually several since 1975 and will again at the next show February 18. Michael Golden was a great guest with the fans and I wish that there were more like him.

Alway? Who was the Sept. guest?

We have had two small press shows in ten years. That was one of them. There were over twenty area artists and other creators.

Did Michael Golden meet the definition of convention guest?

He was an A in my experience.

and what is the definition of a guest in your opinion?

We have had two small press shows in ten years. That was one of them. There were over twenty area artists and other creators.

27_laughing.gif, small press show. You crack me up. Have no mainstream guests and no advertising and all of a sudden(after the fact) it is a small press show. Good cover!

gossip.gif BTW I never said Michael Golden wasn't a guest.

27_laughing.gif, small press show. You crack me up. Have no mainstream guests and no advertising and all of a sudden(after the fact) it is a small press show. Good cover!

gossip.gif BTW I never said Michael Golden wasn't a guest.

I will try one more time. Please stick to the facts.

You are making statements that are untrue and presenting them as facts.

Did Michael Golden meet your definition of convention guest?

and what is your definition of a convention guest?

Never mind the fact is that the guests have zero relevance to your sales.

Don't you hate when the facts get in the way of a nifty post? foreheadslap.gif

BTW I never said that you said that Michael Golden wasn't a guest.

Dave -

Do you really think the following is true?:

"Never mind the fact is that the guests have zero relevance to your sales."

Don't popular guests draw a bigger crowd? And if the crowd is bigger, wouldn't that translate into more sales for dealers? Am I misinterpreting your post?

Just curious, not looking to start a *spoon* match.

Dave -

Do you really think the following is true?:

"Never mind the fact is that the guests have zero relevance to your sales."

Don't popular guests draw a bigger crowd? And if the crowd is bigger, wouldn't that translate into more sales for dealers? Am I misinterpreting your post?

Just curious, not looking to start a *spoon* match.

I exaggerated. It is not zero. It is negligible because there are many other determining factors of why, where and when people buy things. The cost of a guest is almost always a loss leader. The added attendence does not pay the expense of said guest. Thats a fact that nobody can change. More attendance does not mean more buyers of anything necessarily. One's view of a show can be like the blind men and the elephant where only one's own viewpoint matters and is taken into consideration, not the organism of the show as a whole as the promoter has to do. I try different things with each show and have over ten years and a hundred shows of experience and data to rely on. You can't make everybody happy all the time.

Why do you think there was only one Wizard World Boston? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Please as you say, stick to the facts. Re-read the first post of this thread:

I will be giving away FREE! copies of comics that contain art by show guest Michael Golden!!

And, what I said was FACT;

A) No mainstream guest at the Sept Boston show.

B) No advertising(per your own admission).

confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't let facts stop you from your nifty posts! thumbsup2.gif

I will be giving away FREE! copies of comics that contain art by show guest Michael Golden!!

confused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gif

juggle.gifjuggle.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Your "facts" are not facts at all.

A. Nobody ever said there was going to be a "mainstream" guest at the small press version of the show. Thats twice in ten years. Give it a break. Every show has a different theme with guests. Its been that way for ten years and is probably not going to change. When I overextend the guest budget and spend too much does anyone care? Of course not. What if I said that you would make more money if you just lowered your prices to actual fair market value as determined by a free market economy?

B. There was lots of advertising. I said that I skipped the Wizard ad for the first time in ten years. Please do not ridiculously over exaggerate the power of Wizard. There is this newfangled thing called a web-page on the internet. Never mind a humongous mailing list and fliers at many area stores and other comic book shows. General newspaper ads are a waste of money when it concerns comic book collectors. I have done it and tried many other things that do not work and just suck up important working capital. It's easy to spend other people's money. Any drop in attendance has been due to the banning of a dozen bootleg video dealers and their customers who did not buy comic books anyway. The comic book collecting "pie" is also getting smaller every day. Its not about imaginary closet comic book collectors who cannott find info on the show because of a lack of a five hundred dollar ad in the Boston Globe. I have explained it in private and now in public. I will explain it no more.

Yeah, I remember you whole "the interent is the future of advertising" speech, you went on to say I was also to blame for lack of promotion/attendance because I didn't have a reciprical link on my website. screwy.gif

I'm not making anything up, you refuse to acknowledge any validity in feedback that isn't kissing your *spoon*. I will explain that no more.

Yeah, I remember you whole "the interent is the future of advertising" speech, you went on to say I was also to blame for lack of promotion/attendance because I didn't have a reciprical link on my website. screwy.gif

I'm not making anything up, you refuse to acknowledge any validity in feedback that isn't kissing your *spoon*. I will explain that no more.

You have not "explained" a thing.

There is nothing to acknowledge in a false opinion except for the falseness of it.

I gave you an honest answer. Thank you for two run-on sentences of gibberish.

I took the time to explain the way things are in private and public. It is a simple matter. Two explanations are enough. Ask somebody else to explain it the third time. I am done. You know better than others who have done far more than you ever will.

I am sorry for you that the facts are not what you want them to be.

But they are the facts.

Ten years and over 100 shows as a promoter tell me this. Never mind the 400 Shows and Flea markets that I have set-up as a dealer.

Why do you think there was only one Wizard World Boston?

Because the show drew a lousy attendance number and the word of mouth on the show was terrible.

Any dealer who had done previous 3 day shows was wondering if Wizard could pull it off. Which they couldn't.

Dave -

Don't the type of guests that say a Wizard show bring in translate to sales for certain types of dealers (like say, $1 books and "hot" books)?

I think there is a correlation between sales and guests, when those guests bring in readers who are also looking to pick up recent back issues.

I do not think guests help vintage dealers or high grade dealers... that's basically an audience that's going to show or not show without regard to who is signing...

Boston, like Philadelphia, has never been a great city to draw in big buyers -- so I think that different dealers have different perspectives as to how a show "performs".