• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAWSUIT! -- Post your litigation books

75 posts in this topic

Without particularly intending to do so, I found I had collected several books that had figured in comic book related lawsuits,.

Here is one of the first. Wonder Comics #1 from 1939, the book that sent DC lawyers scrambling for the courthouse. to claim it infringed on their copyright of Superman. DC won easily, and sent Wonder Man packing. Only to see everybody else in the world copy Superman just as much if not more

ecd919d0.jpg

here, let me help..

ecd919d0.jpg

Several years ago I saw that Conrad E. who does mostly art, had the Wonder 1 Exhibit copy for sale. Do not know where it is now.

I just purchased probably my lowest graded comic ever, but the significance will leap out at you so it was a "must" purchase!! :banana:

SpecialEdition.jpg

:pullhair:

What is really interesting about this book is that I never knew there were other copies beyond those that Sparkle City purchased when they bought all the Fawcett files (see my above posts for the original SC list). Those books remained in beautiful condition, but obviously some went elsewhere and, well, you can see what happened! :o

What is really interesting about this book is that I never knew there were other copies beyond those that Sparkle City purchased when they bought all the Fawcett files (see my above posts for the original SC list). Those books remained in beautiful condition, but obviously some went elsewhere and, well, you can see what happened! :o

Great find Mark! (worship)

Ebay
Hidden, huh?

It wasn't listed as a Court Copy in the listing and I checked it out simply because I love the cover of this book. When I saw the stamp I was hoping it was going to go under the radar and I could pick one up for fairly cheap.

:tonofbricks:

Congrats and let me know if I can ever pry it out of your hands!

:applause:

I just purchased probably my lowest graded comic ever, but the significance will leap out at you so it was a "must" purchase!! :banana:

SpecialEdition.jpg

Ok, I stand corrected!!!! I thought the Special Edition #1 was the lowest graded copy I had ever purchased. But then this baby - Captain Marvel Adventures #1 - came along!!!! :o My gosh, what happened to these books in the last 60 years!!! (shrug)

I still had to have it. As my favorite seagulls in "Finding Nemo" always say: Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!!! :banana:

What's left of the exhibit stamp is under the Big Red Cheese's right foot. :gossip:

Cap1.jpg

SpecialEdition.jpg

Ok, I stand corrected!!!! I thought the Special Edition #1 was the lowest graded copy I had ever purchased. But then this baby - Captain Marvel Adventures #1 - came along!!!! :o My gosh, what happened to these books in the last 60 years!!! (shrug)

I still had to have it. As my favorite seagulls in "Finding Nemo" always say: Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!!! :banana:

What's left of the exhibit stamp is under the Big Red Cheese's right foot. :gossip:

Cap1.jpg

:o