• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WBN 15

7 posts in this topic

I still see this book becoming a minor BA key and not just a key issue of the run. It's got a new origin, classic horror heavyweight cross-over, and a fabulous cover by Ploog. It's been gradually making it's move up the run of WBN and most likely will surpass the value of ish 2 in time. I still say that in the end the issues that will pull collectors into some WBN will of course be Spot 2, WBN 1, WBN 32 and WBN 15. So, as of now for a nice BA key run you need the leading three but WBN 15 will join that short list.

I still see this book becoming a minor BA key and not just a key issue of the run. It's got a new origin, classic horror heavyweight cross-over, and a fabulous cover by Ploog. It's been gradually making it's move up the run of WBN and most likely will surpass the value of ish 2 in time. I still say that in the end the issues that will pull collectors into some WBN will of course be Spot 2, WBN 1, WBN 32 and WBN 15. So, as of now for a nice BA key run you need the leading three but WBN 15 will join that short list.

I agree to a point. It is always a book that I will pull out from a run, but I don't think it will ever be considered a key. I also look for TofD #18 (part 1 of the x-over) & Frankenstein #8 & 9 (Dracula x-over) whenever I'm running through a collection. Neat books that have broken out to some degree.

If this book ever becomes a 'key', minor or otherwise, the word will have been diluted to the point where it is rendered utterly meaningless. screwy.gif

Agreed, and I think people are really grasping at straws to keep this "key issue" stupidity going.

Hey, I agree, but it continues to climb and is only $17 behind #2 as of now. The Hobby/Industry is always going to say "So, what's the next key we've overlooked?" This book has the "credentials" to become one and all it takes is for the collectors to view it in that light and **Presto** another BA key.

If this book ever becomes a 'key', minor or otherwise, the word will have been diluted to the point where it is rendered utterly meaningless. screwy.gif

Agreed, and I think people are really grasping at straws to keep this "key issue" stupidity going.

While flipping through some nice boxes of SA and BA Marvels at the local show last Sunday, some dude was to my left (same dealer, different box), disdainfully explaining to his girl "There's not even anything approaching a key in there." What happened to collecting for enjoyment of reading comics? (That's rhetorical.) Whatever, I guess. Less competition for me. Unless a run I want has in-demand, new "keys".