• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please vote for your Liaison Committee!

219 posts in this topic

Free comics to everyone who votes for me.

I gave all three votes to you... now send me my grail poke2.gif

X-Men 1 coming right up into your box thumbsup2.gif

yay.gifyay.gif

Ill let you know when it is arrived... boy i sure dont hope it gets lost in postage or anything 893scratchchin-thumb.gif since you probably forgot to insure it flamed.gif

"On Thursday morning, I will send the top 6 choices to Steve Borock, and he will choose the 3 person committee, and 1 alternate."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Glad to know that my vote doesn't count. foreheadslap.gif

Actually I vote this the "Dumbest PR Move Ever", especially as up to the Top 3 Vote-Getters (as voted by us) can be arbitrarily eliminated from the committee.

Whats the problem Joe??It makes sense to me.Some people might not pick the best candidates.They might select their friend or the only person they know,etc.Those people might not be the best candidates.So giving Steve a chance to pick who he thinks are the best three seems fine to me.

Those people might not be the best candidates.So giving Steve a chance to pick who he thinks are the best three seems fine to me.

In my opinion, if you hold a forum vote, then stick to the forum vote.

I realize we're not a democracy here on the CGC-owned forum (more like a loosely-run dictatorship), but this is a tad heavy-handed for a Liason Committee. And who is to say that Steve knows who is the "best candidate" over the votes of forum members who converse with them regularly?

How would you like if you voted for a President, then the top 3 choices were sent to Steve and he picked which one he liked the best? Cool?

Joe, when you're non-stop negative about EVERYTHING..... your opinion becomes the equivalent of white noise.....static. You gotta' mix in an occasional kudo for something.

I dare you to post a list of your top ten FAVORITE hobby related things, people, books, etc.

( PS....I ain't holding my breath. smirk.gif )

Redmond

I think Steve has every right to choose who he works with on this. The fact that we have an opportunity to at least "nominate" the top candidates is a huge plus. The original plan wasn't to have the forum vote at all, just for people to volunteer, then he would choose...

I just figured out what is wrong here, and the source of my ire:

We are NOT actually voting for the Liason Committe, we are voting for a POTENTIAL NOMINEE LIST, from which Steve and CGC will choose the actual members.

So please change the title to:

Please Vote for your Liason Committee Nominee List!

And there is no problem. thumbsup2.gif

I just figured out what is wrong here, and the source of my ire:

We are NOT actually voting for the Liason Committe, we are voting for a POTENTIAL NOMINEE LIST, from which Steve and CGC will choose the actual members.

So please change the title to:

Please Vote for your Liason Committee Nominee List!

And there is no problem. thumbsup2.gif

Joe, your opinion would have been welcomed last week while we were in preperation for the vote and accepting volunteers. At this point, you're a day late and a dollar short.