• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please vote for your Liaison Committee!

219 posts in this topic

Joe, your opinion would have been welcomed last week while we were in preperation for the vote and accepting volunteers. At this point, you're a day late and a dollar short.

How could I comment on the erroneous nature of your post BEFORE you posted it? I read the previous one, but it never mentioned you were going to misrepresent a Candidate Nomination List Vote as a Liason Committee Vote.

You do realize that we are NOT voting for the Liason Committee, right?

Steve and CGC can do whatever they want, but at least keep say it like it is. thumbsup2.gif

"On Thursday morning, I will send the top 6 choices to Steve Borock, and he will choose the 3 person committee, and 1 alternate."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Glad to know that my vote doesn't count. foreheadslap.gif

Actually I vote this the "Dumbest PR Move Ever", especially as up to the Top 3 Vote-Getters (as voted by us) can be arbitrarily eliminated from the committee.

Maybe you should look on the bright side... poke2.gif instead of just complaining makepoint.gif

I just figured out what is wrong here, and the source of my ire:

We are NOT actually voting for the Liason Committe, we are voting for a POTENTIAL NOMINEE LIST, from which Steve and CGC will choose the actual members.

So please change the title to:

Please Vote for your Liason Committee Nominee List!

And there is no problem. thumbsup2.gif

Joe, don't you get it?

There is no vote.. it is all smoke and mirrors. Jeff is destroying all Votes PM'ed to him in the PM shredder-o-matic.

They are only letting us think we can nominate who we want. The vote is being kept more private then a keys acution to supposedly prevent "thrill voting". Then Steve will pick from the 6 highest vote getters.. wink.gifwink..wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

This whole thing is just a ruse to have three of Steve's Xt3Y Military developed Drug induced, mind controlled, "YES" men in place to convince the boards we must agree with everything CGC says

And here you were worried about what Jeff called the thread?. foreheadslap.gif Man, are you slipping Joe! Think Big picture..hasn't this place taught you anything yet?

Everything is a conspiracy, EVERYTHING!

Worried about Jeff's Title???, too funny.

Ze-

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Or this could all just be about a few well know boardies having a direct line of communication with CGC to ask, and have questions answered. But I like the Military Drug Brainwashed theory better.

And here you were worried about what Jeff called the thread?

Hey, have fun in the tin-foil hat, but I'm just worried about a little thing called misrepresentation. If Steve and co. want to choose their Liason Committee, then that's their right, but don't sugar-coat it by making people think we're actually voting for the committee.

After all, we're just sending a list of Nominees that CGC will use to choose the real Liason Committee. Big whoop.

Hey, have fun in the tin-foil hat, but I'm just worried about a little thing called misrepresentation. If Steve and co. want to choose their Liason Committee, then that's their right, but don't sugar-coat it by making people think we're actually voting for the committee.

After all, we're just sending a list of Nominees that CGC will use to choose the real Liason Committee. Big whoop.

But we ARE voting for a commiteee silly. The top 6 vote getters will be sent to Steve, and he can then pick from those who WE best felt would represent us.

Since Steve will be the one on the other end of the phone line, and it is his sandbox I have no problem with letting him have final say so. He SHOULD be allowed to pick from those nominated who he thinks would best serve communicating whatever it is that needs to be comminicated. And from what I see on the list there are a dozen members I know personally that would do a more then fine job of it.

Must be a slow monday when we are discussing a misrepresenting title of how our votes will be used

And you do realize my earlier post was in jest, right? I know there is no such thing as a PM shred-o-matic. But I am curious about Steve's military drugs.

Ze-

But we ARE voting for a commiteee silly.

Nope, we are choosing a LIST OF POTENTIAL NOMINEES for the Liason Committee. Nothing more.

The only person with a vote for the ACTUAL committee is Steve.

And I have no problem with that, only with the bozos who are trying to portray it as something else.

The top 6 vote getters will be sent to Steve, and he can then pick from those who WE best felt would represent us.

Well, I naturally assumed that these 6 Names and the Number of Votes Received would not be posted prior to Steve choosing the Liason Committee.

If I'm wrong, then that's some good news at least.

The top 6 vote getters will be sent to Steve, and he can then pick from those who WE best felt would represent us.

Well, I naturally assumed that these 6 Names and the Number of Votes Received would not be posted prior to Steve choosing the Liason Committee.

My plan is to post the top 6 names and their vote count at the same time I PM the same list to Steve.

Guess what you are wrong shy.gif but i find it positive that you then view the actual scenario as somewhat less horrible than what you previously described, maybe you even approve of it 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

Votes are in! thumbsup2.gif

[Disclaimer]For anyone considering organizing any kind of contest, vote, poll, or give out awards on these boards in the future, please be aware that inevitably, you will have to give Joe_Collector some attention as he will undoubtedely whine, cry, and complain like a little girl about how you run your contest, vote, poll, or award.[/Disclaimer]

Votes are in! thumbsup2.gif

[Disclaimer]For anyone considering organizing any kind of contest, vote, poll, or give out awards on these boards in the future, please be aware that inevitably, you will have to give Joe_Collector some attention as he will undoubtedely whine, cry, and complain like a little girl about how you run your contest, vote, poll, or award.[/Disclaimer]

sign-funnypost.gif

Those people might not be the best candidates.So giving Steve a chance to pick who he thinks are the best three seems fine to me.

In my opinion, if you hold a forum vote, then stick to the forum vote.

I realize we're not a democracy here on the CGC-owned forum (more like a loosely-run dictatorship), but this is a tad heavy-handed for a Liason Committee. And who is to say that Steve knows who is the "best candidate" over the votes of forum members who converse with them regularly?

How would you like if you voted for a President, then the top 3 choices were sent to Steve and he picked which one he liked the best? Cool?

Say what you want about JC . . . he just happens to be right about this. wink.gif

Must have struck a nerve, eh banner? 27_laughing.gif

My plan is to post the top 6 names and their vote count at the same time I PM the same list to Steve.

For that you get a big 893applaud-thumb.gif.

Joe has been taking some heat for this, but I actually understood his post and their was some merit to it.

I also believe that Jeff is doing the right thing by making the results known to the community and that should alleviate any concerns.

I would hope that Steve would take the top ones. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif