• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please vote for your Liaison Committee!

219 posts in this topic

If you vote for me i will make the world a better place, end poverty, bring prosperity and make Borock to cut off his ponytail.

Now I'm wishing I voted for you... 27_laughing.gif

I'd have to bump out Burntboy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In all seriousness (just for a minute anyway) two things i would like to push ahead with aside from the obvious crack and resub, pressing, trimming, etc and those issues we have already discussed at length are:

1. Quality of production. It is my belief that the quality of production on a book should be incorporated into the grading system. Obviously this isn't something that would happen over night but if im buying a CGC book from a small scan and it's a 9.6 i expect it to be almost perfect. If you too are sick of seeing miswrapped, mis-stapled comics getting 9.8s then i would love to hear your feedback on the issue.

2. Equality on grading for all ages. Is anyone else sick of "the golden age bump"? How about seeing a book in a blue label with the words "some glue on spine". Why is it some books with that notation can pass for a blue label when others get a PLOD. I think every comic should be graded the same way regardless of age, value or importance.

Furthermore i would like clarification on a few minor issues such as if CGC continue to consider production defects (such as miswraps) ok then why do books with missing holograms get a green label while ones with double covers get blue labels. I would push for answers on this.

These are a few of my thoughts. Im always happy to hear opinions via PM from anyone, and everyone. God help me … even Arex Crooke.

1. Quality of production. It is my belief that the quality of production on a book should be incorporated into the grading system.

893applaud-thumb.gif

i think CGC should describe the entire book in the actual notes section of the slab. things like gloss, freshness, suppleness, actual descriptions of the art, the length and angle of any miswrap, etc, so i don't even have to look at the actual book at all, just the number.

buy the book, not the grade. makepoint.gif

poke2.gif

Well i disagree. Buy the label, not the book is great in theory but the more we move into internet trading the harder it becomes. After all we are paying CGC to give us their opinion on the whole product and not bits of it.

Hey if you disagree that is fine. It's just something that i have been wanting to see ever since i bought my first CGC book back in 2001 and was shocked at the production quality not being incorporated into the grade.