• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Men 25

8 posts in this topic

Can't figure out what grade to make of this - nice square corners & edges for a black ink book, book is a bit tanned - has a very light color flaking along the exact edge of the spine, cannot see in scan, where book as been opened, but not much of the usual spine stresses - it looks like the spine, instead of holding perfect color and making stress marks when opened, just opened rather perfectly along the spine and the black color lightly flaked there. Slight ding in lower left corner. Small color loss top left corner and at left middle spine (above Beast's foot and next to hand). Very vibrant front cover when in hand.

x25f.jpg

x25b.jpg

I know what you mean about the spine color flaking, and on an 8.0+ book, I'm never quite sure how much to dock for it. However, the corner dings and bends will drop this out of the highest grades anyway. I agree with Owls, 6.5/7.0 seems just right.

Thanks guys - I agree pretty much with your estimates - problem is I want to put it up on ebay - as a 6.5/7.0 - but everyone there will then thinks its really a 4.0 frown.gif

Am just getting back into selling as everything has been packed up for 6+ months due to my moving - and even though I have over 500+ feedback on ebay, I still always found it difficult to sell raw upper midgrade books ( I always collected f- vf/nm for nice looking books that I could still handle without having a heart attack and relative affordability) on ebay at anywhere near fair prices - would generate lotsa fees and not sell, or if i went for it and did no reserve low starting bid, would get hosed on the final price - I eventually stopped and just slabbed a lot of my better golden age because the dollar value was there, and it all sold quickly at prices I could live with. But i don't see the value in slabbing lopts of $50 books. confused-smiley-013.gif