• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Reprint Resources

3 posts in this topic

Gang,

I'm vaguely aware of the various Gladstone, Cochrane, and TPB reprints of most of the EC series....I'm looking for a site that can spell it out for me in detail so when I look at a reprint I'll know which "one" I'm referring to. I get bits and pieces but I don't have the full scoop.

I'm interested in acquiring the hard bound editions of the series if someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks!

From Wikopedia:

The Complete EC Library

The Complete EC Library, a project of Russ Cochran's that started in 1978, reprinted every single EC comic in hardbound volumes. Unlike the original comics these were done in black and white, except for MAD, which had both a black and white and a color version. Starting with the third set, Two-Fisted Tales, each set features notes and commentary by various comic historians like John Benson, Bill Mason, Bhob Stewart and Max Allan Collins. The Complete EC Library would eventually reprint every New Trend and New Direction comic and many of the Pre-Trend comics. The most recent addition, the Picto-Fiction comics, appeared for the first time in 2006 and included four issues that had never been printed.

Additional reprints

Throughout the 1990's and 2000's almost EC's entire line of comics were reprinted in comic form. The first group of reprints came from Gladstone in 1990, which reprinted various issues of the three horror comics, the sci-fi comics and Crime SuspenStories in 64 page issues. A total of 18 issues would be published. The second group of reprints, known as the 'RCP(Russ Cochran Publisher) Reprints' appeared the next year and also reprinted various issues from the horror, sci-fi and crime comics. Starting in 1992 the comics were reprinted in chronological order in a 32 page form. This line eventually reprinted every New Trend and New Direction comic except for Mad, and many Pre-Trend comics as well. And in 2006, Russ Cochran announced the beginning of a new project: a series of hardcover color reprint sets called EC Archives.)

Research is key foreheadslap.gif Looks like I cleared it up with deathlok's help and searching the internet a bit more.

[*]Gladstone reprints are the 64 page variety, with 18 published in all.

[*]Cochrane then reprinted individual issues in the classic 32 page format, which is what I currently have in my collection.

[*]Then there is the EC Complete Collection series, which were hardbound volumes. This is what I thought I was interested in obtaining to save on the insanity of getting the individual issues.

[*]There is a TPB reproduction in hardcover that is being sold now.