• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: EC Reprint Hardbound

8 posts in this topic

My LCS had a few of them. There is a 4 volume set that has the different EC genres in it. I think they also have individual genre ones available.

Weird Science Volume One kicks off the series in October with a 212-page hardcover volume collecting the first six issues of the legendary Sci-Fi comics series! Included are stories by Al Feldstein, William Gaines and more, with art by legendary illustrators Wally Wood, Harvey Kurtzman, Joe Orlando, Jack Kamen, Al Feldstein and others. Each volume will also include all of the original EC advertisements, editorial pieces, and even letters pages, to give readers a true idea what made EC one of the most influential comic book lines ever created.

Shock SuspenStories Volume One, which will be released in November 2006. Thereafter, fans and collectors can expect additional volumes such as Tales from the Crypt Volume One in December 2006, Two-Fisted Tales Volume One in January 2007, and additional volumes to follow throughout 2007!

Thanks for the info Rick!

Research is key foreheadslap.gif

[*]Gladstone reprints are the 64 page variety, with 18 published in all.

[*]Cochrane then reprinted individual issues in the classic 32 page format, which is what I currently have in my collection.

[*]Then there is the EC Complete Collection series, which were hardbound volumes. This is what I thought I was interested in obtaining to save on the insanity of getting the individual issues.

[*]Finally, as you noted, they are publishing a TPB in the vein of the DC Archives of the various series...given that the prices of these puppies may be much cheaper, I may go this route. If they are in b&w though I may opt for the hardbounds.

[*]Then there is the EC Complete Collection series, which were hardbound volumes. This is what I thought I was interested in obtaining to save on the insanity of getting the individual issues.

I have 1 of these, it is very cool

Well after flipping through the Weird Science one, I would say that is the best for the money. It was in full color and included a lot of extra stuff, like the letter pages. The price was around $50. If they do plan on releasing all of EC's library, it would be a nice collection to own.

I recieved both new "The EC Archives" hardcovers in the mail last Thursday. The volume 1 of Weird Science and the volume 1 of Shock Suspenstories. I like the format very much, especially being in full color.

I recieved both new "The EC Archives" hardcovers in the mail last Thursday. The volume 1 of Weird Science and the volume 1 of Shock Suspenstories. I like the format very much, especially being in full color.

Very cool, I talked to Buck Biggins on this and so I'm sold on the new ones. Is there an online link to ordering these or must I go to the LCS?

Very cool, I talked to Buck Biggins on this and so I'm sold on the new ones. Is there an online link to ordering these or must I go to the LCS?

Do what I did, call Gemstone Publishing at 1-800-322-7978 and subscribe thumbsup2.gif