• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

I'd like silly ZiffDavis painted covers for 300, Alex.

FairyTales11.jpg

Here's a dog of a book if there ever was one:

Rex3.jpg

Strange costumes! It's a Halloween cover? Does it go with the Cole story?

I see (GCD) that the art's by James Wilcox. Not a familar name, but maybe a familar hand. Did he draw a lot of Golden Age books? He looks like the "oddly stiff figures" artist I've never been able to identify on other covers.

Jack

I’ll take “fraternity pranks gone bad” for $600 Alex!

What is Blue Bolt Vol.7 # 5?

1475472-BlueBoltVol.7%235.jpg

Nice, bright cover!

Have you read it? An odd little moralistic tale about a couple of immigrant kids that no one wants to befriend, somehow tied into the Glorious Future of Electric Power, if I remember right.

I'm hunting for a whole set, but there are so many variant editions and so little information that I'll never know whether I'm done.

As far as I can tell, they run from

GEC-174, 1946 (the one I posted)

to APG-17-5C, Inside the Atom, 1964.

Anyone have an older or newer one?

Jack

Omigod, a kindred spirit!

I also have a copy of The Story of Light. I won't show but I'll show my copy of Land of Plenty -

1475483-GE-LandofPlenty.jpg

That Lars issue gets plenty of love. I have bid on copies in the past and I know other forum members who either own one or want to.

It has a great Pulpish cover. What's not to like?

I've always liked it, but until just now, no one ever told me they liked it too!

Strange costumes! It's a Halloween cover? Does it go with the Cole story?

I see (GCD) that the art's by James Wilcox. Not a familar name, but maybe a familar hand. Did he draw a lot of Golden Age books? He looks like the "oddly stiff figures" artist I've never been able to identify on other covers.

Jack

No, not a Halloween cover (which I originally thought it was crazy.gif) and yes, it is the Cole story.

Synopsis: In the story three escaped lunatics are on the prowl, one being a pyro. A jealous student plays a prank on Cole to prove he's a coward by dressing up with two accomplices as the lunatics to scare him during a college masquerade ball. The plan backfires as Cole turns the tables and scares the pranksters themselves. The lunatics are caught by the police.

That Lars issue gets plenty of love. I have bid on copies in the past and I know other forum members who either own one or want to.

I've always liked it, but until just now, no one ever told me they liked it too!

I like it -- this was on the highest priorities for me as a result of reading Gerber's for the first time. I actually bought my first copy from Ernie -- an unadvertised Cosmic Aeroplane. cloud9.gif

Asked for a grade on two message boards!! Got 1 response on this message board after pleading for a response. Received 2 responses on another message board after begging and they didn't even answer my question. Where is the love?!!

Headline.jpg

I like it -- this was on the highest priorities for me as a result of reading Gerber's for the first time. I actually bought my first copy from Ernie -- an unadvertised Cosmic Aeroplane. cloud9.gif

Sweet! Murphy Anderson and Gene Colan on the inside don't hurt either. I think Selegue is going to end up with my copy.. poke2.gif

Sweet! Murphy Anderson and Gene Colan on the inside don't hurt either. I think Selegue is going to end up with my copy.. poke2.gif

ARGH! What a salesman! -- and now you've got your accomplice helping out.

Jack