• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

I thought that you put those "For quick profit place on sale at once" bands on there yourself!

(Do I get a commission for advertising?)

"Spies" is an interesting cover. Until Dave McKean's Sandman work, I bet there was only a handful of collage comic-book covers. (Can any think of others? Maybe some Treasure Chest?)

Thanks again.

Jack

Ask Sharon whether she has another one in her prenuptial clearance sale.

Jack

Thanks, Jack. That "Ghost" issue has a great cover. Have to pick up one of those.

Angelo

waubatch.jpgGlad you liked them, Jack:)

I actually have a full run of the books all except the Teen and Spies books...I kept one of each of the best ones I found at the warehouse...and he's right, about the sale, lol..but my daughter hasn't picked a date yet, so I'm not frantic yet...;)

When I was at the warehouse...I did rescue a number of these packages intact..I thought they were more interesting than the books, I picked the ones with the least ink, but there is still ink on the sides...there is one with at least one Ghosts book if anyone is really interested, I guess I would put them in the market place, or the VCC.

I thought that you put those "For quick profit place on sale at once" bands on there yourself!

Yeah, you get the free Boy's Life book I sent to you... : :baiting:

Pre-payment!

Good thing I delivered my services in a timely manner.

Jack

Pre-payment!

Jack

Ummm...I'm NOT going there, lol...

Pre-payment!

Jack

My ADVERTISING services!

Did I take a wrong turn and end up in the Double Entendre thread?

Jack

Pre-payment!

Jack

My ADVERTISING services!

Did I take a wrong turn and end up in the Double Entendre thread?

Jack

Yes, Dear... :cloud9:

Sharon

It's nice to see that horses book. True story time...

My grandfather died the summer between my freshman & sophmore year in HS. I was close to him & he was the only family member I REALLY honestly & truely felt a kinship too. The day of his funeral we met up at my cousin's house afterwards, which used to be His house before my granparents got too old & moved into a smaller place. My cousin came up to me and said she found some comics & thought I might like to have them. She didn't even know I collected them as I rarely saw my cousin. She gives me a small box of mostly late 50's/early 60's books, I couldn't believe it! Spme of the books in the box were - Showcase #12, Atom #2, Detective #250, Mr. Ed #1, some late 50's archies, some four colors, and the classics horses issue. I eventually sold some of the costlier issue when I later had a long distrance girfriend my senior year & had to pay the phone bill, but I always kept the Horse isssue. Mainly because it was worthless, but also to hang onto at least one book from that day. I have always felt that was some sort of sign from my grandfather that everythign was going to be ok. We collected Stamps together when I was younger, so there was always a collector bond between us. So in this very personal case, I boot that book off of the short bus & onto the the fanciest of carriages available. (thumbs u

With isinglass curtains? :wishluck:

Nice story, Shiver!

Hey, I joined the "Short Bus" with my own copy of this book (thanks to Sharon) !

02TheWorldAroundUs24Ghosts.jpg

The first page has an appropriate splash for this month, might be of interest to Shiverbones!

02TheWorldAroundUs24GhostsSplash.jpg

Let's keep the short bus chugging along!

The Three Mouseketeers 14, Feb 1958. I wish my scanner (and meager Photoshop Elements) could convey the astonishing PINKNESS of this cover better -- the more I try to enhance, the worse the water stain at the bottom looks.

It's a well executed funny animal book, all Rube Grossman I think. The mice are Fatsy with the sailor suit, Patsy with the cookie, and Minus on the bubble. Minus reminds me of the first TV version of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Jack

47112-3Mousek.jpg