• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

No other good-fit threads for these 2 so ... onto the short bus they go.

First is Danger # 8 with another Heck of a cover and then I scanned a page from the Pat Morisi story. I still can't get over the fact that Morisi was cop by day and artist by night. The page was selected for its goriness of course :grin:

WHOA! What a nasty page.

Jack

Next up is another Crime book, Crime Must Pay the Penalty in ok condition and with a Lou Cameron story inside. The page is the second from the Cameron story. If Cameron had been born earlier, I would have loved to see what he could have done on The Spirit in collaboration with Eisner: Ahhh, the possibilities ... -

Whoever wrote the story saved Lou a lot of work by covering half the page with text. Yakety-freakin-yak, like some EC stories.

Jack

What a great Short Bus set!

This is my favorite cover of them. Maybe if you were more careful where you set your comic books down you wouldn't have to keep buying this one!

I wouldn't mind seeing the hanging funny animal and ghost Christmas tree if you could scan or photograph without damage.

Jack

This is an upgrade. It's a gerber 7, and it really is harder than the surrounding issues, so maybe it's right. I have had 3 over the course of 20 years, and have bought every one I saw.

3057587393_e67a110663_o.jpg

This is an upgrade. It's a gerber 7, and it really is harder than the surrounding issues, so maybe it's right. I have had 3 over the course of 20 years, and have bought every one I saw.

3057587393_e67a110663_o.jpg

way too cool a halloween cover to be on the shortbus thread :applause:

Pretty much any Halloween cover doesn't really belong here - Christmas covers - yes, bah humbug, but Halloween covers should have to be exceptionally lame to be posted here.

No other good-fit threads for these 2 so ... onto the short bus they go.

First is Danger # 8 with another Heck of a cover and then I scanned a page from the Pat Morisi story. I still can't get over the fact that Morisi was cop by day and artist by night. The page was selected for its goriness of course :grin:

Let's see, the sadly maligned (by Marvel Zombies) Don Heck in his Comic Media prime, graphic art by the underrated Pete Morisi, and a cover with the phrase "Kill!, Kill!, KIll!" on it - NOT a short bus book!

:bump:

Never a shortage of Short Bus books here.

Two recent wins (seller scans, not in my hands yet).

Mister District Attorney 54. That's one big fly!

mrdistatt54.jpg

United Comics 18, although the seller mentioned that Fritzi strips down to her skivvies on page 1.

unitedcomics18.jpg

Be sure to check the fairly new Silver Age Short Bus thread for a fix. I posted there recently, but there isn't much traffic.

Jack

:bump:

Mister District Attorney 54. That's one big fly!

mrdistatt54.jpg

Jack

The fly and the cubes are normal sized - however the D.A. has already ingested a couple of "sugar cubes" and is having an "Alice in Wonderland" moment.

I really like Mr. District attorney, lots of cool cover. It is a short-busser through & through!

My only Mr. DA, but a cover I really like. (Perhaps he does have a lot of "Alice in Wonderland" moments) I like the covers for this series overall.

Mister-District-Attorney-19.jpg[/img]

I'd been wanting this book since I lost out on a beater copy the first time I came across it nearly a year ago. Then two dealers put up similar copies within a few minutes of each other on the same day on eBay. I snagged the nicer of the two. Odd how things work.

Lucky-Duck-6.jpg

Cool cover, esp. for your theme.

A sneaky-looking, cigarette-smoking green duck probably wouldn't pass muster today.

Jerry Bails' Who's Who says

BRADBURY, JACK

BETTER PUBLICATIONS

LUCKY DUCK (pen/ink/) 1952 > 52

SPECTOR, IRV

BETTER PUBLICATIONS

LUCKY DUCK (pen/ink/) c1947-c49 > 47 48 49

Yours is 1953, so Bradbury? Anyone know his style?

Jack

I'd been wanting this book since I lost out on a beater copy the first time I came across it nearly a year ago. Then two dealers put up similar copies within a few minutes of each other on the day on eBay. I snagged the nicer of the two. Odd how things work.

Lucky-Duck-6.jpg