• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first grade this book

14 posts in this topic

I started this the other day, but could'nt get my website up, so here it is now......this is a book I recently got back from CGC....Guess the grade....I'll even give you graders notes....

1.) Indent on cover...(about 1/2 inch under the "a" in title...does not break color...very dificult to see,..does not show in scan)

2.) Stain on back cover...(about half way down on right side...about the size of pencil eraser)

3.) Chip on back cover....bottom left corner.

font cover

http://home.comcast.net/~jlippolis/ww84.jpg

back cover

http://home.comcast.net/~jlippolis/ww84b.jpg

It's difficult to say with the staining.. does it effect only the outside of the cover or does it show on the inside of the cover? Has it gone through the pages? Isn't the lower right corner creased on the front cover?

Brian

Even though it's a DC, I'll give it an 8.0 because of the age.CGC's not so tough on these older books. If it were a Marvel though, I'd still go 8.0.

Nice copy. One I'd be proud to call my own.

It's difficult to say with the staining.. does it effect only the outside of the cover or does it show on the inside of the cover? Has it gone through the pages? Isn't the lower right corner creased on the front cover?

Brian

Stain on back cover does not go through,..about size of an eraser...front cover has no creases..thats an illusion of the artwork.all......in fact there aren't even any stress lines on the spine...the book looks like it was never read.

J.D.

There is a stress line (or at least a scratch that breaks color) clearly visible just above the bottom staple in the black area... and the back scan seems to show several stress areas especially to the right of the butt of the gun... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So when do we get to see the actual CGC grade.... wink.gif

There is a stress line (or at least a scratch that breaks color) clearly visible just above the bottom staple in the black area... and the back scan seems to show several stress areas especially to the right of the butt of the gun... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So when do we get to see the actual CGC grade.... wink.gif

I'll give you that....I do see one line on the back...and the front scratch by the bottom staple.....bottom line the book was graded a 7.0...now I bought the book as a 9.0...don't think it was that high,..but definitly an 8.0..especially when compared to this POS I bought last year from heritage.

WW76.jpg

How can theses two books be considered the same grade?

No I'm comparing the two books now because they received the same grade....do they look like the same grade to you?

J.D.

Sorry sucka! I deleted the post already. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif