• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nothing to see here.... Move along... :-)

78 posts in this topic

I apologize to all. You will see the books that used to be here in my eBay store and on eBay, and on my personal web site, since my methods were met with confusion and derision. (Deservedly so in hindsight.)

None of this was my intent. Mea Culpa - I take full blame.

I appreciate the interest and hope you will give my listings a chance.

Just to answer a few general questions that I got from a few people:

- I will ship internationally, but I will not ship by an uninsured method. In other words, the shipping will be "expensive" but every penny that is collected for shipping will be given to the post office. Also, I do not play games with customs forms. The items will be properly declared at the value they are purchased for. Lastly, the items will be "overpacked". I do not leave things to chance.

In a nutshell - you can expect the shipping will be $25-$40 on a group of slabs. Items will ship Airmail parcel post with insurance.

- The prices listed are rock bottom (for now) - not taking offers for less at the moment, even in big groups.

- I am likely to announce some sales today on books that have a useful sales history or are priced near the grading fee. I will get back to everyone that I do not answer in this thread.

- Everyone wants the FF 211 and 212 !!! I'm not going to try to resolve the situation and list them on eBay. I will post a link in the other forum when they are listed, probably tonight. I'll do a 5-day so it's not going on forever. I apologize to everyone for the head fake.

Everyone wants the FF 211 and 212 !!! I'm not going to try to resolve the situation and list them on eBay.

Huh? How does that "resolve the situation"? Just sell it to the first PM offer you received?

Everyone wants the FF 211 and 212 !!! I'm not going to try to resolve the situation and list them on eBay. I will post a link in the other forum when they are listed, probably tonight. I'll do a 5-day so it's not going on forever. I apologize to everyone for the head fake.

I have no personal interest in the books and did not offer to but them, but I have to ask..why not just take the first PM in your box saying takeit.gif? Doesn't that make sense? An easy, time stamped way of determining who agreed to take them first at your published asking price.

Seems simple.

Chris

And why not ship via the method a buyer requests. And with or without insurance at the buyers risk. If you take paypal, traking can be had for $0.14. Customs I can sort of see but thats like contributing $3 to the election campaign on your 1040. I'd even go so far as to offer to ship them media mail. (run, cower, and hide from mob of law abidding citizens). We aren't talking a Superman #1 here.

Instead of $30 for Air shipping w insurance, 5 slabs can be shipped $8 sans insurance. That you may not personally pocket the postage doesn't make the overall cost any less to a buyer. Though it gives quite a few people peace of mind for not being gouged.

These are some sweet books at sweet prices BTW.

I agree with the takeit.gif concept as well.

- I will ship internationally Also, I do not play games with customs forms. The items will be properly declared at the value they are purchased for. Lastly, the items will be "overpacked". I do not leave things to chance.

893whatthe.gif

i'm out of the game here sorry.gif , do you think it's fair to pay 25 % on value ??

i've never insured any parcel and received all of them , i understand that you want to play the rules of customs but i think we pay enough incomes , i don't want to pay taxes on comics sorry.gif

i hope you'll change your mind hail.gif

And why not ship via the method a buyer requests. And with or without insurance at the buyers risk. If you take paypal, traking can be had for $0.14. Customs I can sort of see but thats like contributing $3 to the election campaign on your 1040. I'd even go so far as to offer to ship them media mail. (run, cower, and hide from mob of law abidding citizens). We aren't talking a Superman #1 here.

Instead of $30 for Air shipping w insurance, 5 slabs can be shipped $8 sans insurance. That you may not personally pocket the postage doesn't make the overall cost any less to a buyer. Though it gives quite a few people peace of mind for not being gouged.

These are some sweet books at sweet prices BTW.

I agree with the takeit.gif concept as well.

I was talking about international shipping only for insurance and the guidelines in my post - I thought that was clear, sorry.

Domestic guidelines are as follows:

I will ship domestic by USPS priority mail only, no media mail, as a rule. I do use flat rate boxes and charge exact shipping. However, rules are meant to be broken, and I will ship media mail if the buyer releases me from all responsbility about what happens to the package. Again, exact shipping cost.

For USPS priority mail domestic packages at or over $100, insurance is required. I usually pay this out of my pocket, depending on the size of the deal.

- I will ship internationally Also, I do not play games with customs forms. The items will be properly declared at the value they are purchased for. Lastly, the items will be "overpacked". I do not leave things to chance.

893whatthe.gif

i'm out of the game here sorry.gif , do you think it's fair to pay 25 % on value ??

i've never insured any parcel and received all of them , i understand that you want to play the rules of customs but i think we pay enough incomes , i don't want to pay taxes on comics sorry.gif

i hope you'll change your mind hail.gif

I'm very sorry, I can't play games with the international stuff. I don't make the rules, I just follow them. The problems that can arise when things go bad are a strong deterrent.

I realize it costs me sales, and I don't like it, but the alternative is worse (to me anyway). I appreciate your interest and would love nothing more than to export a big box of slabs to Europe.

By the way, just so you guys don't think I'm making all this up as I go along, these guildelines appear in all my eBay listings. I have been successful in limiting problem transactions to almost nill, which is my primary goal.

Are you responding to the PMs?
juggle.gif

I take it you are waiting as well. It's frustrating when you see books being marked as Sold -- but no indication as to how PMs are being received etc. and how sales are actually being made. It looks like several people are experiencing this problem.

This thread is fast becoming the poster child for some of the tinkering that needs to be done and guidelines to be set on these "forum boards only sales". Right now it looks like a big ad for ebay auctions and "secret sales".

If this is part of the "good will" that the forum boards are supposed to be bringing, then I think Arch ought to open it up to all dealers, b/c this is certainly not nearly as well run as Brent's auctions. I recommend this thread get moved to the ebay section since it is now essentially advertising "ebay sales" and remedying disputes over books by advertising they are going to ebay. This is no longer a forum only sale.