• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PICK APART MY ASM 33...

11 posts in this topic

The gloss/colors/spine are outstanding on this book......but I have no idea how to grade the small tears along the right-side of the cover.

I have a feeling that CGC would grade it much below a 7.0, but it breaks my heart to call this copy VG 893frustrated.gif

The gloss/colors/spine are outstanding on this book......but I have no idea how to grade the small tears along the right-side of the cover.

I have a feeling that CGC would grade it much below a 7.0, but it breaks my heart to call this copy VG 893frustrated.gif

You would probably be able to eak out at least a 6.0 with the book...although the tears do have an adverse effect on the final grade... deal2.gif

This is WAY better than a VG. Chipping is a printing defect, right? So CGC is not so tough on that. So, basically what you have is a gorgeous copy with lotsa gloss, a few stress cracks and marvel chipping. I would go Fine/Very Fine at least to maybe a VF-. grin.gif

And get it out of your head this is only a VG, 'cause it's not. mad.gif

grin.gif

I'd go 7.0 - 7.5.

Nina is right, Marvel chipping IS a printing defect, and although not exactly desirable it is downgraded for less than a regular tear would be. Normally a tear would place the book in the F range but with Marvel chipping a VF can be acheived.

It's a very nice book,and one of the greatest covers of all time to boot.

Enjoy owning it (if you do). acclaim.gif