• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold T. Blumberg Book Signing - December 2 at GEM

11 posts in this topic

I'm probably asking for it, but I thought I'd try to get this out there:

If you're in the Baltimore area on December 2 from 1pm to 4pm, I'm signing copies of the Geppi's Entertainment Museum book, Pop Culture with Character as well as copies of The Big BIG LITTLE BOOK Book and...wait for it...the third edition of The Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide. This will be right at the museum at Camden Yards, downtown Baltimore, in historic Camden Station.

So come out and say hi if you're of a mind to.

I'm probably asking for it, but I thought I'd try to get this out there:

If you're in the Baltimore area on December 2 from 1pm to 4pm, I'm signing copies of the Geppi's Entertainment Museum book, Pop Culture with Character as well as copies of The Big BIG LITTLE BOOK Book and...wait for it...the third edition of The Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide. This will be right at the museum at Camden Yards, downtown Baltimore, in historic Camden Station.

So come out and say hi if you're of a mind to.

While I won't be there...good for you!!!

That Zombiemania book is getting my attention though 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, looks to be something I might need for 'the collection'.

I thought I would post this for people, as finding it on the site took a bit of time...

Zombiemania: 80 Movies To Die For

by Dr Arnold T Blumberg & Andrew Hershberger

From White Zombie to Land of the Dead ... 80 zombie movies that shaped a horror subgenre and left us all with a mortal fear of flesh-eating ghouls clawing their way out of the cold, dark earth.

Zombiemania takes an in-depth look at one of the most popular horror film categories of all time. What is it that makes us so scared of and yet so attracted to the living dead? Why is it that shambling corpses with a taste for brains, or mindless automatons controlled by a voodoo master still retain such relentless power?

Illustrated with many photographs, some published here for the first time, this is one film guide that will leave you with a restless urge to walk the night in search of living flesh.

Wow, thanks for bringing up Zombiemania, I'm *really* excited about people finally getting to see that, it was an enormous amount of work. It's possible I'll be launching that book at a convention at the end of November, but it'll be available as of November 23. I hope that a little ways down the road, Andy and I will sign copies of that at GEM or somewhere else as well. We're very proud of it.

Pop Culture with Character is a surprisingly economical $24.95 with full color glossy pages, hardcover and tons of amazing photographs.

The BIG LITTLE BOOK guide is $19.95.

I have both of these books, and have read them cover to cover and refer to them constantly. 'The Big Big Little Book Book' is so full of pictures, it is a real joy to finger thru. It is amazing that so many BLB's were photographed. (many are rarer than rare)

'Pop Culture' is a combination of history lesson, museum preview, and some images of great and rare collectibles of all sorts...from marbles to movie posters and everything in between ( like comic books smirk.gif )

I'd like to be there tomorrow Dr.B., except I can't be there tomorrow...wife going to New York for the day, which leaves me home alone with 20 month old twins....YIKES !!!!!

Good luck to you thumbsup2.gif