• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Committee members

131 posts in this topic

Who and how will they verify if the TN given is real?

Will someone call us at a certain time?

I think it will be used on a case by case basis. I doubt that anyone will actually call everyone that registers.

I think it will be used on a case by case basis. I doubt that anyone will actually call everyone that registers.

Dam I was hoping for a call from Gemma...

I have a small problem with the committee as it does not include a seasoned buyer and seller of raw and CGC comics. I was hoping FD was going to make the cut for this reason.

Will be happy to help if needed.

The first question I want to put to the committee (and the boards) is that CGC wants to make it mandatory that board members provide us their real names with proof (tel # ?) and that the names are posted in their bio.

Absolutely, and is way overdue. It will also get rid of banned members who have come back under a myriad of new IDs.

I got a call from Gemma once! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

It was just for a problem with one of my submissions. sorry.gif

I got a call from Gemma once! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

It was just for a problem with one of my submissions. sorry.gif

thumbsup2.gif

The first question I want to put to the committee (and the boards) is that CGC wants to make it mandatory that board members provide us their real names with proof (tel # ?)

Let's make this work! thumbsup2.gif

-Steve

First of all I am glad to see the effort being made to make this a better place. thumbsup2.gif I think a committee like this will obviously take time and effort to make it work, but glad to see the first steps are being taken. But as you said the Committee is not alone, they have the entire board at theirdisposal, and will act on our behalf. I look foward to reading what the committe has to say and watching this all unfold.

I also feel if you want to make change's to forum policy you should just make them. Asking for input about what and how it should happen is just asking for a headache. It is your forum, we will learn to live with what changes are made. My only advice is to keep it simple. Asking people to prove to you who they are is very fair. Knowing that YOU know is enough for me. If they decide to put their name in their personal profile that is up to them. Some people dont like their name being seen on the internet, for obvious reasons.

Good luck with all of this, and as I said before consider me at your disposal if need be.

Ze-

I completely vote for full disclosure of names.

I'm not crazy about having my phone number posted. There are enough flakes that lurk and shill these boards including EBay scammers so for me I'd prefer to not disclose that kind of information.

I don't think they'd post the numbers. They'd just want them to verify you ID.