• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another.... Justice League of America #2 Grade?

16 posts in this topic

You'll know when you've posted too many. You won't have anyone reply 27_laughing.gif

I'd say 4.5 - VG+ to be conservative without seeing a larger scan. Maybe VG/FN -5.0. Is there any trace of a water stain on the cover, right below the Flash?

I'd say 4.5 - VG+ to be conservative without seeing a larger scan. Maybe VG/FN -5.0.

seems about right. it's a great looking example of that grade, and might actually reach F- territory (5.5), depending on the flaws.

right now, your scans seem to be just this shy of ideal. they're a touch blurry, and a wee bit too small to grade with 100% certainty, such as we are able.

i find that scanning at 300 dpi and then using photoshop to resize to ~650 pixels wide - changing the resolution to 200 as well - gives you a good, usable scan that shows all defects

You'll know when you've posted too many. You won't have anyone reply 27_laughing.gif

I'd say 4.5 - VG+ to be conservative without seeing a larger scan. Maybe VG/FN -5.0. Is there any trace of a water stain on the cover, right below the Flash?

Yes, that is a water stain under Flash. Thanks!

I'd say 4.5 - VG+ to be conservative without seeing a larger scan. Maybe VG/FN -5.0.

seems about right. it's a great looking example of that grade, and might actually reach F- territory (5.5), depending on the flaws.

right now, your scans seem to be just this shy of ideal. they're a touch blurry, and a wee bit too small to grade with 100% certainty, such as we are able.

i find that scanning at 300 dpi and then using photoshop to resize to ~650 pixels wide - changing the resolution to 200 as well - gives you a good, usable scan that shows all defects

Ok, I will try to do that in the future scans. I'm scanning at 300 dpi already but not changing the resolution and pixels.

Let's try this.... is this better?

jla2front22.jpg

jlaback2.jpg

4.5 to 5.0...right again.

Well ... there ... thank you for being the arbiter of all things grade-wise, oh wise Comicdey. I fear the hour you will disagree with my opinion makepoint.gifflowerred.gif

put up one of your books for grading and what you think it is first... 893blahblah.gif

Then we'll see if we still agree flowerred.gif27_laughing.gif

4.5 - 5.0 seems pretty accurate.

It's my last JLA to get but I've been hunting for a solid 6.0 - 7.0. So far, I've found some of these grades and lower. (And funny how I've encountered books that were in lesser shape than this one and the dealer called it (and priced it) as Fine 6.0) 27_laughing.gif

I'm right in there with 4.5/5.0. thumbsup2.gif

as usual i'm almost in total agreement with Aces, but that water stain, when combined with the FC spine rubbings, and the dirty and well creased BC spine, probably pulls it down to a 4.0 - 4.5.

still, the FC should display quite well................always got a kick out of Aquaman hanging on for dear life.....................he was always looking like a fish out of water............ grin.gif