• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Spider-Man 3 Trailer (spoilers maybe)

55 posts in this topic

Just seen it on The Ultimate Fighter, sexy enough but the swinging Spidey was really CGI looking, more so then previous versions.

Two things

1) Would have loved to see a shot of Venom to see how they are going to pull off the size difference between Forman and Brock

2) Why in the hell is Harry dressed in black running around on daddys glider? I know why he's on the glider and all but what's with the black outfit.

I'm sure time will tell but these two stuck out as odd, I really hate when movies take liberties with the comics to actually fit in the -script but when it changes something essential to the history of the character that drives me.

Just seen it on The Ultimate Fighter, sexy enough but the swinging Spidey was really CGI looking, more so then previous versions.

Two things

1) Would have loved to see a shot of Venom to see how they are going to pull off the size difference between Forman and Brock

2) Why in the hell is Harry dressed in black running around on daddys glider? I know why he's on the glider and all but what's with the black outfit.

I'm sure time will tell but these two stuck out as odd, I really hate when movies take liberties with the comics to actually fit in the -script but when it changes something essential to the history of the character that drives me.

1) I don't think we'll see Venom until the end. It seems like the story is about parker's decent into darkness and his climb back up.

2.)IMO, I think they were not too happy with the orginal goblin's costume from the first movie and wanted to do away with the silly-power ranger-looking mask.

Man that was a cool trailer. The black costume is really cool and the bell tower scene will be classic, however I think everyone here would agree that it would look even cooler if they could have implemented the white spider on his chest and back.

Can't wait to see it.

looks very cool. just wish Hollywood didnt love to tie everything up in a neat bow. Why does Sandman have to be Bens killer?? Why did Joker have to be Dr Wayne's killer? Superhero origins are random acts and accidents! The perpetrators are supposed to disappear after affecting the heroes lives... and NOT become adversaries later on. Lazy writing. IMO

The Ultimate Fighter was on last night? Was it a repeat or summary of season? I thought it was over except for the final.

in the world of superhero movies the villains never get done right. so far my fav has to be danny devito's penguin but sandmn looks bada$$!! and i have a feeling we will only see venom in full costume at the very end of the movie(much to everyones disappointment. i hope spiderman faces the sinister six + venom in spiderman4

The Ultimate Fighter was on last night? Was it a repeat or summary of season? I thought it was over except for the final.

Naw, it was a repeat of last weeks Cote/Dewees fight, they showed the last 2 episodes leading up to the TUF 4 final on Saturday, which, might I add, has gone down the ter since the Bisping fight is off. Plus no Shonie carter fight.

I am missing something? Who is Forman? Do you mean Topher Grace?

Topher Grace = Eric Forman from That 70's Show, Grace is not Eddie Brock, to me he will always be Forman, Hell they could have got Scott Steiner to play a body double for Venom, atleast he would have the muscle look.

Scott_Steiner.jpg

It's a damn shame Steiner can't act because he sure has the look of Brock from the comics.

It's a damn shame Steiner can't act because he sure has the look of Brock from the comics.

Not act!?! Have you ever watched wrestling? Give that man an Academy Award. insane.gif

Sadly I've been a wrestling fan since I was 5 and the Big Bad Booty Daddy & His Freaks have always been one of my favs but no matter how many WWE/WCW writers fed him lines I just couldn't believe him when he said he didn't use roids to come back from a broken neck in 8 months with an extra 70 pounds of muscle tonofbricks.gif

Still would make a damn good Venom if he didn't have to talk. thumbsup2.gif

looks very cool. just wish Hollywood didnt love to tie everything up in a neat bow. Why does Sandman have to be Bens killer?? Why did Joker have to be Dr Wayne's killer?

Or why did Kingpin have to be Murdock's killer? Or why did Doc Ock have to be Pete's teacher/mentor? Or why did Bruce Banner's father turn into the Absorbing Man? Why did Doctor Doom have to their boss and Reed's competition for Sue's affections? Why did Professor X's mental abuse of a young Jean Grey have to be the cause of Dark Phoenix?

I could definitely go on....

It's getting really stupid, and comes down to some lame "paint-by-number" rule of screenwriting where the hero and the antagonist absolutely, positively must have a deep, long-standing personal connection. Or to put it more succinctly, it's a very simplistic "this time, it's personal!" kind of deal.

That's one reason I really liked Batman Begins, it didn't get into all that stupid 893censored-thumb.gif, and made his parent's killer as he should be, just a random criminal.

Taking away the "this is stupid" angle, how are they going to pull this off? We've already seen the killer in Spider-man, and he was definitely NOT Thomas Hayden Church.

So therefore, the killer cannot have been Sandman.

I smell a retcon, or something absolutely inept like Sandy hiding in the shadows all this time, then materializing just in time to kill Ben, but disappearing right after. foreheadslap.gif