• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Spider-Man 3 Trailer (spoilers maybe)

55 posts in this topic

Taking away the "this is stupid" angle, how are they going to pull this off? We've already seen the killer in Spider-man, and he was definitely NOT Thomas Hayden Church.

So therefore, the killer cannot have been Sandman.

I smell a retcon, or something absolutely inept like Sandy hiding in the shadows all this time, then materializing just in time to kill Ben, but disappearing right after. foreheadslap.gif

this would be unfortunate because i felt the way they handled ben's being in the wrong place at the wrong time in the first movie was elegant. to me it improved upon the comic book origin story.

this would be unfortunate because i felt the way they handled ben's being in the wrong place at the wrong time in the first movie was elegant. to me it improved upon the comic book origin story.

I totally agree, and it was always a bit coincidental that the same guy Pete let go somehow finds his way to the Parker residence and kills Uncle Ben.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But having Ben waiting to pick up Pete in the car, while all the "let the perp go" stuff is going on, made it seamless and vastly improved on the original comic book origin.

in the world of superhero movies the villains never get done right. so far my fav has to be danny devito's penguin but sandmn looks bada$$!! and i have a feeling we will only see venom in full costume at the very end of the movie (much to everyones disappointment. i hope spiderman faces the sinister six + venom in spiderman4

I have said this months ago that Venom would be at the end of the movie. Spider-man 4 will be Venom, Hobgobolin (maybe) and Kraven. Kraven is the only character or spidey villian left that is realistic. It would be ridiculous to have Rhino, Vulture, Electro and Masterio.

even Batman Begins had Ras Al Gul telling Wayne that they 'fought' with his dad over Gotham's fate;. There too the writers tied the villain too tightly to Batman's origins, making Ras somehow the Waynes' archenemies.

and, cmon, Batman Begins is the ultimate "bad guy was the guy who created the superhero" plotline. Its just so integrated into 45 minutes of plot (all the Himalayan training of Batman) that it flies under the radar. Its just another retcon for simplicity's sake and Hollywood neatness. When Batman: Year One added Bruce Wayne's battle mentors to the Batman mythos, they were still pretty anonymous teachers "out there somewhere", minor characters. None of them (to my memory) ever turned into Ras or another major supervillain bent on destroying Gotham or taking over the world.

even Batman Begins had Ras Al Gul telling Wayne that they 'fought' with his dad over Gotham's fate;. There too the writers tied the villain too tightly to Batman's origins, making Ras somehow the Waynes' archenemies.

Agreed, but it was not even close to as blatant and simplistic as the above examples, and even taking that into account, making Sandman the guy who killed Uncle Ben is really over the line.

What's going to be the revelation in Spidey 4, Aunt May and Norman Osborne are really Peter's parents? foreheadslap.gif

Agreed, but it was not even close to as blatant and simplistic as the above examples, and even taking that into account, making Sandman the guy who killed Uncle Ben is really over the line.

What's going to be the revelation in Spidey 4, Aunt May and Norman Osborne are really Peter's parents? foreheadslap.gif

I read a report Cliff Robertson, the actor who played the killer in I, and Church shot a new scene to explain how this is. It's still a silly retcon.

I don't mind the Batman/Ras connection as much as it streamlined the origin story so we didn't have a first part origin, second part villain story. It all tied together nicely.

Or why did Kingpin have to be Murdock's killer? Or why did Doc Ock have to be Pete's teacher/mentor? Or why did Bruce Banner's father turn into the Absorbing Man? Why did Doctor Doom have to their boss and Reed's competition for Sue's affections? Why did Professor X's mental abuse of a young Jean Grey have to be the cause of Dark Phoenix?

And what happened to Gwen Stacey?