• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harry Potter Book... sucks?

69 posts in this topic

Am I the only one here who has no interest in reading about the adventures of a pre-pubescent Magician?

Nope. I dated a girl w/ kids and I wouldn't even read the books.

It is strange how those books became a sort of phenomenon, though. Like the "Grisham Craze" in the early 90's. I'm by far, the most voracious reader in my family, but Dad and Sister both have read every Potter book to date (except the latest one). They tried to get me to read them, but I'm like you, AK. No interest at all.

I'm into "crime noir" (Chandler is my favorite as I said earlier) and auto-biographical / semi-autobiographical narratives.

Chris

But if he feels like reading a Harry Potter book, then those are irrelevant choices.

You're right, Joanna. I was just recommending something else. I've recommended AWITW to a couple people and they all have loved it. Glad you enjoyed it too. Have you read any of his other stuff? I'd like to, but haven't got around to it yet. Which would you recommend the England book or the Australian one (sorry, I don't have the titles in front of me, and my copy of "Walk" is on loan)....

Chris

I'm putting 5500 miles on the rig this month

Please proceed w/ caution, House! We wouldn't want you to fall into the hands of the dreaded Russian comic mafia. Lucky for you, Chuck warned us. Godspeed!

Chris

I have already tagged my important boxes "X-Factor 13-92"... sumo.gif

Between that and my plans to consume a Tyvek bag full of Spree, I think I will be fine...

My one fear is that word will get out that I am transporting large quantities of Big Red and Shiner Bock back to Oregon... the folks from Henry Weinhard's don't take kindly to inbound shipments of Schludwiller... *

* if there are two people on this forum who get that joke, I will be stunned...

BTW - Who are we roasting next? When's the next contest start????

Chris

Next up is Khaos... He should have gone last weekend, but I was MIA for a few days and I guess without me to hold his hand he just couldn't find his keyboard... or his cojones... blush.gif

Then Darth goes the following weekend (ending on the 12th or 13th)...

The next victim in line is Bugaboo, but since that weekend is San Diego, we'll take a week off... (plus that will give us time to let all the coinees know where to find him...)

After that I plan to shame Donut into taking a turn on the dais...

Chris

Next up is Khaos... He should have gone last weekend, but I was MIA for a few days and I guess without me to hold his hand he just couldn't find his keyboard... or his cojones... blush.gif

The next victim in line is Bugaboo, but since that weekend is San Diego, we'll take a week off... (plus that will give us time to let all the coinees know where to find him...)

But what is Khaos going to offer us as prizes. Hell...what did you truly offer us, as no one has received anything....YET! mad.gif

Am I the only one here who has no interest in reading about the adventures of a pre-pubescent Magician? It'd be one thing If I had kids......

I would read it if they made it into a comic...!! smile.gif

hmmmm...... Harry Potter comics? Where the hell is it? Every kid in the world would buy one!! nah? They should also sell it at comic stores only! Stores would be flooded with kids, business will make decent chunk of money just off the Potter comics and also chances are these kid will start COLLECTING other comics beside the Potter's!! Then there should be a HUGE demand for back issue modern, price sky rockets! ect..ect.. BAM! comic book industery saved!!!

There you go guys! Need new comic collectors!?!? Make Harry Potter in to a comic!! smile.gif

Chris

But what is Khaos going to offer us as prizes. Hell...what did you truly offer us, as no one has received anything....YET! mad.gif

mad.gif bold talk for a one-eyed fat man... mad.gif

Actually two of the six have already received their prizes, one is on the way, one is waiting for the Goth Princess to sort through the 80's boxes, one is waiting for the Goth Princess' autograph, and the sixth person is YOU, who hasn't told me what the frick he wanted... mad.gif

And BTW, admitting your bags were weak and then asking for a prize worth twice as much as everyone else's doesn't count as telling me what you want! mad.gif

Chris

mad.gif bold talk for a one-eyed fat man... mad.gif

Actually two of the six have already received their prizes, one is on the way, one is waiting for the Goth Princess to sort through the 80's boxes, one is waiting for the Goth Princess' autograph, and the sixth person is YOU, who hasn't told me what the frick he wanted... mad.gif

And BTW, admitting your bags were weak and then asking for a prize worth twice as much as everyone else's doesn't count as telling me what you want! mad.gif

Screw you....I told you that I just wanted one book! insane.gif

My daughter LOVED the book. Bought it the Friday night it was released (midnight), woke up at 10:00am Saturday and started reading. Didn't stop til she finished at 1:00pm Sunday. No sleep. Now reading it for the 3rd time 893whatthe.gif

As though the 5th place prize should be a $40 DC Romance... mad.gif

As though the 5th place prize should be a $40 DC Romance... mad.gif

What prizes? Like you actually listed the winners? Screw you...send me a friggin' Cherry Poptart collected edition. The one you had tons of...FOOL! BTW...you gonna send the others books up or you still waiting for the boxes?

Dammit, your crazy neighbour if more reliable than you! tongue.gif

"two of the six have already received their prizes"

I haven't frown.gif

"one is on the way"

I never heard back after I pm'd you my preferences, so I don't think you have my address. frown.gif

"one is waiting for the Goth Princess to sort through the 80's boxes

I didn't pick anything from the 80's out of your prize list. frown.gif

"one is waiting for the Goth Princess' autograph"

Nothing I pm'd you about required this. frown.gif

"the sixth person is YOU"

I'm not greggy. frown.gif

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I haven't frown.gif

"one is on the way"

I never heard back after I pm'd you my preferences, so I don't think you have my address. frown.gif

Sigh...House caught in another lie! Seriously, he should stay in his truthteller personna! But seriously....where's the friggin' communications? We ask for something and hear nothing from you? Bug may be a psychotic psychic but not everyone has that power! insane.gif

I haven't frown.gif

"one is on the way"

Had you and Chrisco37 confused... frown.gif ... A common mistake I am sure... tongue.gif

His has already gone out, but I had you down with the same prize for some reason... It's what I get for watching "I'm With Busey"... confused.gif

Although if your phone number ends in 9846, I have your address anyway... unless you want it to go to a PO BOX or something...

I have your address anyway... unless you want it to go to a PO BOX or something...

I'll p.m. it to you anyway just in case you have the wrong one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hate all you a-holes! I'll start the damned thread... GO READ IT, WHORES!

Hmm.. I think I'll pass on those recommendations. tongue.gif

Planning to read either the Potter book or Da Vinci Code, the hype died down so immediately and quickly on the Potter book that I'm probably leaning toward the latter.

Brian

Potter gets it on in a big way with Cho Chang and Hermione (pronounced Her-MY-uh-nee) while Ron spanks himslef as red as his hair, all during a Quidditch finals halftime show.. 27_laughing.gif

Hmm.. I think I'll pass on those recommendations. tongue.gif

Planning to read either the Potter book or Da Vinci Code, the hype died down so immediately and quickly on the Potter book that I'm probably leaning toward the latter.

Brian

Potter gets it on in a big way with Cho Chang and Hermione (pronounced Her-MY-uh-nee) while Ron spanks himslef as red as his hair, all during a Quidditch finals halftime show.. 27_laughing.gif

Whew... for a second I thought you were gonna give away the surprise ending where Harry discovered Dumbledore and Snape celebrating the repeal of the Texas sodomy laws... blush.gifblush.gif