• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE THIS ASM....

17 posts in this topic

what's up soul bro? acclaim.gif i've always liked that cover, it's hard to grade BA books. CGC is wierd on them, i can't tell the cover gloss from , but it appears to be a VF+ 8.5- VF/NM 9.0, if that was a SA it would be a NM- 9.2 very easily. 893applaud-thumb.gifgossip.gif

What's up Supa?

Only a couple more months....

In the case of my ASM 128, I wish CGC would UPGRADE books for having PERFECT CENTERING..... smirk.gif

oh, we've gone through that before, but they aren't going to down grade a book for a manufacture up. confused.gif what CGC needs to do is release their grading guidelines, which THEY will NEVER do. 893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifgossip.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

oh, we've gone through that before, but they aren't going to down grade a book for a manufacture up. confused.gif what CGC needs to do is release their grading guidelines, which THEY will NEVER do. 893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifgossip.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

They might if a major competitor does. It'll be interesting to see whether PSA releases their guidelines; I bet they don't.

I'd go 9.0 on this book, though given the BA status, they might be harsher.

As for disclosing their grading guidelines, I think CGC's too far down the current path to turn back now... but I wish they'd reconsider. Nothing more frustrating than sending in a book you think is one grade and they give it something else altogether, with no work of explanation.

CGC is like the great and terrible Oz... you don't question, you just take your beating, say "thank you sir, may I have another?" and go back to the end of the line...

Based on the books I just got back yesterday, I'd be surprised if this gets anything above an 8.0

Brian

confused.gif They getting tougher on the grading now? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Evidentally. Even on S.A. Marvels!!

Brian

Uh oh...just sent down a bunch of DCs. This submission will prove or disprove if there is an inherent bias against DCs. Personally, all the DCs that I have gotten graded so far have been fairly graded. But as you know, I've gotten many a gift with respect to my Marvels! cool.gif

Evidentally. Even on S.A. Marvels!!

Brian

Uh oh...just sent down a bunch of DCs. This submission will prove or disprove if there is an inherent bias against DCs. Personally, all the DCs that I have gotten graded so far have been fairly graded. But as you know, I've gotten many a gift with respect to my Marvels! cool.gif

Bias on DC's...Gosh, Golly....I've never noticed that.

I usually get very accurate grading from CGC IMO. And I've never been more than 1 . off of their grade from mine. But after getting this batch back.. I'll probably be callin to let them know I'm breaking them out of the cases (so they can update the census) and not sending them back in.

Brian

I usually get very accurate grading from CGC IMO. And I've never been more than 1 . off of their grade from mine. But after getting this batch back.. I'll probably be callin to let them know I'm breaking them out of the cases (so they can update the census) and not sending them back in.

Brian

Dammit, I just found out that reholdering your cases get zero discount. What a rip! 893frustrated.gif

Send them in for a regrade, you'll get a discount then.. and I'm sure the greggy "bump" will occur.

Brian

Nope...not worth it. I've given up on moderns. Too tough relative to the previous ages. Also, they finally told me that I was using the wrong account number after around a year! Good job guys! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif