• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

26 THOUSAND DUCKS????

17 posts in this topic

I think it just restores a bit of balance in the collecting world. Consider that a 9.6 copy of Richie Rich #1 sold on Heritage earlier this year for almost $30K. Like FC 386, not a first appearance, just a first issue. Who's more popular among comic collectors and the general public, Richie Rich or Uncle Scrooge? I don't think it's even a contest. Therefore, the valuation of Uncle Scrooge #1 must increase relative to Richie Rich #1 to reflect the relative importance/popularity of one compared to the other.

I think it just restores a bit of balance in the collecting world. Consider that a 9.6 copy of Richie Rich #1 sold on Heritage earlier this year for almost $30K. Like FC 386, not a first appearance, just a first issue. Who's more popular among comic collectors and the general public, Richie Rich or Uncle Scrooge? I don't think it's even a contest. Therefore, the valuation of Uncle Scrooge #1 must increase relative to Richie Rich #1 to reflect the relative importance/popularity of one compared to the other.

I guess there really is a premium paid for those ultra high graded books...Tim will be hitting his head if this book auctions for 100k within 3 years 27_laughing.gif seriously though, glad that Tim did well...now I can tell my wife about this Tim guy who bought comic books and earned alot of money so I can justify purchasing that Batman 1 tongue.gif

Tim will be hitting his head if this book auctions for 100k within 3 years 27_laughing.gif

Since Tim owns, and plans to keep, his 9.6 FC 178, he would be delighted to see FC 386 go for $100K in 3 years! headbang.gif

Tim will be hitting his head if this book auctions for 100k within 3 years 27_laughing.gif

Since Tim owns, and plans to keep, his 9.6 FC 178, he would be delighted to see FC 386 go for $100K in 3 years! headbang.gif

Time to go duck hunting and I am sure your wife will be happy you're collecting comics! grin.gif

Sorry, but I think that anyone who spends that kind of money on a FC 386 has to be a bit unbalanced...

Sorry, but I think that anyone who spends that kind of money on a FC 386 has to be a bit unbalanced...

That's a good explanation too! 27_laughing.gif

I think that there's a comic price bubble caused by speculators, stupid collectors and stupid speculators. I mean that in the nicest possible way. But as much as I love golden age superhero and Archie, if I were stranded on a desert island I would want every Bark's duck books ever printed or reprinted to read.Every panel is a work of art.