• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question : ComicBase

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with ComicBase 11? Is getting the barcode scanner useful? Is it compatible with CGC'd comics (meaning are the CGC prices also updated in the ComicBase database)? Are the price updates according to Overstreet, or the real world?

And the big one... Why would I use this software instead of quickbooks (besides the obvious price updates and picture database)? And yes, I understand that you can easily import information from ComicBase to Quickbooks.

Feel free to flame me on this post. I can take it. I collect comics. foreheadslap.gif

FLAME ON. poke2.gif

Quickbooks to manage comics? That doesn't sound right to me.

It's been a while since I've used CB, but the prices needed to be changed. I think there's a copyright law preventing anyone from literally pulling Overstreet price information. I'm sure the lawyers here can add to that.

I'm just going on what I was told to me by my local shop here in Santa Fe. They use quickbooks primarially as a sales tool, and had never heard of comicbase. Of course I was speaking to a menial worker, so perhaps he doesn't know how they MANAGE their comics.

A disapointing conversation really.

Anyone have any experience with ComicBase 11? Is getting the barcode scanner useful? Is it compatible with CGC'd comics (meaning are the CGC prices also updated in the ComicBase database)? Are the price updates according to Overstreet, or the real world?

And the big one... Why would I use this software instead of quickbooks (besides the obvious price updates and picture database)? And yes, I understand that you can easily import information from ComicBase to Quickbooks.

Feel free to flame me on this post. I can take it. I collect comics. foreheadslap.gif

Feel free to check here if you like: www.comicbase.com

Tel: 1-408-266-6883