• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPC Bar Code Information

2 posts in this topic

Hi.

I just purchased a CGC graded comic on ebay, and it came to me with a large crack in the back of the holder. Now, I know that CGC isn't responsible for fixing this crack since it has been in a 3rd party's hands (and there's no way to tell if it occurred during shipping or not anyway) I was just curious how long this particular comic has been encapsulated.

Is there any way to find out a comic's original encapsulation date? Although I plan to re-submit the comic to CGC anyway, I was curious whether it had been encapsulated recently or if it had been a while ago (since it's recommended that we re-encapsulate after 7 years anyway) My bar code number is #0112852001. Is there any where on the web site where I can find this info.? I imagine it will become more and more important as your company ages and people are wondering whether they should update their encapsulation or not...

Also, if I resubmit, should I leave the comic in the holder or break it out and just send in the CGC label? I'd almost want to have it looked at again anyway because it looks like it was graded fairly rigidly. I wouldn't want to lose a grade though smile.gif

Thanks for your advice,

Rob

• Administrator

If you give us a call with the barcode number we can tell you the date of encapsulation.

You would want to send your book in, still in the remaining holder, for a New Holder service. This service is currently $11 plus return shipping.