• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed on two different dates?

8 posts in this topic

I just recieved a SS book that was dual signed. But what confuses me is that one signature was done a month later than the other one.I thought once a book was signed,in front of a witness,it had to be submitted right away?

How does the witness insure the book was the same one that he saw signed a month ago?

Many SS books are signed on different days, and there are different ways to go about it. Kevin would be the best to explain the way it works!

Kool an Da Gang!

I will hopefully be seeing him at dinner tonite,and I'll post his answers.

In late, 2005 some restrictions were lifted and Signature Series books are now allowed to be signed on multiple dates and multiple locations, albeit with adherence to strict rules.

There are a couple of ways that this can be done:

1. An already graded and encapsulated CGC Signature Series collectible is brought or sent to the CGC booth at the event, and at the booth the comic book is removed from the holder and the additional autograph (or autographs) obtained. Once re-submitted, graded and encapsulated the label will correctly identify the multiple locations and dates.

2. In approved cases, authorized CGC Witnesses are allowed to hold onto books for short time durations between signing events to obtain additional autographs for collectibles but must keep CGC informed with detailed lists and a proper resolution schedule.