• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yard Sale find

3 posts in this topic

I found to Family Circus' dailies at a yard sale. These are originals by Bill Keane one is from 87 and the other is from 84. Tried to scan them but they are professionally framed and my scanner can't handle it. They are outside of what I usually get in terms of original art and I was wondering what their possible value is? Ebay was no help. Yes they were extremely cheap grin.gif

As a younger man, I had a brief correspondence with Bil Keane. He was a kind man and generous with his time. His comic strip has run forever, it's in a zillion newspapers, and its following is rabid (watch what happens if a newspaper tries to cancel the strip). On the other hand, the average age of that following is roughly eighty years old. I've never met a collector that confessed to wanting an original Family Circus.

Two strips, framed, professionally mounted? Heritage Galleries has auctioned off a few originals and, from a search there, they seem to run individually at about $150 - $180. If you really got 'em cheap, it sounds like you found a good deal.