• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Me and the Heritage process.....

32 posts in this topic

What did you have invested in the books if I may ask? I.e. how much are up?

Up?

Didn't you read his last post!

The poor man is devastated! Devastated, I tell you! makepoint.gif

That's what they sold for. I asked what he paid hi.gif

He tripled his $$ on the Uncle Scrooge cloud9.gif

What did you have invested in the books if I may ask? I.e. how much are up?

Up?

Didn't you read his last post!

The poor man is devastated! Devastated, I tell you! makepoint.gif

That's what they sold for. I asked what he paid hi.gif

The man is still grieving for the loss of his comics and you have the unmitigated gall to mention profit?

Have you no shame? 893naughty-thumb.gif

nope - no shame grin.gif

I don't mind disclosing what I paid for books where the information is still publicly available on Heritage (all inclusive of BP):

Dell Giant 49: $345

Donald Duck 47: $207

FC 108: $4140

FC 386: $8337

Uncle Scrooge 59: $517

Uncle Scrooge 60: $632

I would prefer not to disclose what I paid in private transactions or where the info is no longer so easily available publicly.

I go through a very similar process except I keep the wife in the dark and hope she doesn't ask any questions when a box arrives or open the bill from Heritage.

27_laughing.gif This describes me to a T. I have all comic-related correspondence and shipments sent to my work address to avoid any questions from her.

You gonna tell her about the latest sales?

I was going to wait until I had confirm that the winners weren't deadbeats, but I couldn't restrain myself from breaking the news to her. The look on her face was priceless! 27_laughing.gif

And then she immediately started talking about that Hermes bag that she had thought was too expensive, but now would make a great Christmas present. frustrated.gif

Tim;

It's obvious that you have absolutely no willpower.

I still haven't told my wife about most of the money I got from the Manning auction sales from back in the year 2000. Of course, it's nowhere near the amount that you got as I sold only a handful of cheap GA books.

BTW: My wife says that you should splurge and get that Hermes bag for your wife. My wife says that she's more than worth it. thumbsup2.gif

Over $100K. gossip.gif

That's not gross. That's obscence! poke2.gif

Not that I'm jealous or anything. crazy.gif

Hey, those were some of my crown jewels! My emotional suffering is worth at least $100K! sumo.gif

Tim;

The key word in your above statement is "some".

From what I saw the other week, I would have to say the Tower of Hong Kong still has a lot of crown jewels left in its vault. cloud9.gif

Lou