• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #7

12 posts in this topic

Front cover has several indents along the spine, a quarter inch spine stress, and a crease at the URFC. Back cover has a stain at the bottom spine that does not go through to any pages. Page quality is off-white, inside covers are bright. Thanks for all your input!

FF7front.jpg

FF7back.jpg

The H2O stain doesn't bother me as much as it does others, but respecting the "deal-breaker" status it represents for many collectors, I'd say 5.5 with the realization that CGC would probably be harsher.

well the concensus is pretty much unanimous, but i'm inclined to think 5.5 - 6.0.

i was thinking about 7.0 - 7.5 without the stain and down about a point and a half since it's fairly small and on the BC - the book certainly presents well - perhaps a mid-grade collectors dream - a book with the predominant defect on the BC...... thumbsup2.gif

With book in hand, I had this graded as a F- (5.5) before soliciting opinions. Less the stain, the book is about a F/VF, so it is taking a pretty big hit - since the stain doesn't go through to any pages, I don't believe the grade should be knocked down any further.

Thanks again for your useful input!