• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have one complete Golden Age run...

68 posts in this topic

Action 1-98. Gotta love those large logos, and for me, Superman war covers define the Golden Age.

Shorter runs would be the Schomburg cover run on any Nedor title. Of those, I think Thrilling would be my favorite.

I doubt I shocked anyone with my selections. shy.gif

How are the Thrilling's story wise?

well I hate to be cliche' but my first pick would be Action #1-108 all in strict Fine or better,. already have 8 of those issues,.. whoo hoo ! yay.gif

my second pick would be Detective #1-60, those pre-Batman covers are really cool, plus the Batman covers aren't too shabby either. wink.gif

I guess my Action run, would extend to #108 seems I already own one.

There's so many I would enjoy . Adventure run would be cool or More Fun. But in the end I would say complete run of Amazing Mystery Funnies or Funny Pages, love those Centaurs!! smile.gif

Marvel Mystery for me.... thumbsup2.gif

a man with taste. and it can be done.

So what is next for you now that Timely is in the rear view mirror?

Chesler's perhaps?

poke2.gif

claire voyant, huh?

I like her too!! Trying to buy one right now from a forumite!

Chesler's perhaps?

poke2.gif

claire voyant, huh?

see if that forumite has the south seas girl in s.s. 5, and get it thrown into the deal. you and i could probably work something out, reasonable moving-into-middle-age-man that you are.

Chesler's perhaps?

poke2.gif

claire voyant, huh?

see if that forumite has the south seas girl in s.s. 5, and get it thrown into the deal. you and i could probably work something out, reasonable moving-into-middle-age-man that you are.

Shoot me the list of the Seven Seas you have so I can start knocking on the right doors.

Yes, sadly, I have inched ever closer to that dreaded middle age, that you know so well..

shy.gif

Chesler's perhaps?

poke2.gif

claire voyant, huh?

Shoot me the list of the Seven Seas you have so I can start knocking on the right doors.

Yes, sadly, I have inched ever closer to that dreaded middle age, that you know so well..

shy.gif

s.s. 5 is the last, my man. and i can't even remember back to middle age!

Chesler's perhaps?

poke2.gif

claire voyant, huh?

shy.gif

s.s. 5 is the last, my man. and i can't even remember back to middle age!

That's it? You just started collecting the dadblamed run! I know it is a short one, but for crying out loud!!!

Sigh...I should have figured since it was you, O' King of the complete publisher!!

I've had to think about this one a bit.

#1) 1-100 New/More Fun. Big comics/regular comics. Siegal/Shuster doing Dr. Occult. Then you get Flessel and O'Mealia. And then those great Bailey Spectre covers! I like the variety and this set would work for me.

#2) 1-100 Tec. Pre-hero books with the great Flessel/O'Mealia covers. Then Pre-Robin Bats. Then post Robin Bats (Not bad, but not the best).

#2) 1-100 Tec. Pre-hero books with the great Flessel/O'Mealia covers. Then Pre-Robin Bats. Then post Robin Bats (Not bad, but not the best).

9856.jpg

IMO, the Batman stories are pretty crude early on and get better as the run progresses. All of the great Joker/Penguin stories and covers are in the post-Robin period.

As long as we're doing this, I'd like to say that I want my run to be unslabbed. I remember when I was a kid in Oakland there was a big comic collector named Barry Bauman. He has thousands and thousands of GA comics in cardboard boxes and stacked on bookshelves and on the floor in his "Batcave". We'd spend hours laying on the floor reading these books without having to take them out of mylars. It was great. I would binge read More Funs and Adventures and All Stars. I've never seen as many books privately since. We use to hang the Pep 22's on the wall and throw darts at them. Those were the days.