• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

A cap on the total number of allowable threads is a good idea, and if there has to be a hard number, I would say 3-4 is fine. That said, I don't think one can appreciate the issue here unless you're looking for (or selling) books across a wide range of ages, prices, conditions, and grades.

And no, Nick's 6.5 Hulk 1 :cloud9: listed at $6.5k does not belong in the same thread as a $65 9.8 New Avengers 1, or in the same thread with a $6.50 VG Hulk 111 for that matter.

I have to agree that a couple of threads based upon types/genres/$$ is a good rule of thumb. The long continuous thread gets old and no one really wants to ferret through it. Even I don't want to read a thread with 20 pages or more to find that one hidden gem.

I have to agree that a couple of threads based upon types/genres/$$ is a good rule of thumb. The long continuous thread gets old and no one really wants to ferret through it. Even I don't want to read a thread with 20 pages or more to find that one hidden gem.

:o

What about 270 pages? :(

I've honestly done it that way to avoid criticism. The thread heading was broad enough to cover just about everything I had to list, which was intentional, and I didn't want it to seem as though every few days, I was starting yet another thread.

Maybe I should just start it from scratch again? hm

If it works for you, I wouldn't change anything. I've done the same thing on a smaller scale. I always enjoy seeing what you're posting, but I have to admit that a long thread is somewhat daunting. A new thread does draw more attention, and closing out a thread can feel like an accomplishment.

Not me. I ain't asking for more.

I think it should vary by age and comic type but limit it to 1-2 threads...

If a seller has GA/SA/BA and slabbed and raw then you'd be talking 6 possible threads...there has to be a limit. More than two threads can get messy as you can have all the threads on the same page at the same time if they get bumped from page 2,3,4 etc by an :takeit: or a posted question.

R.

100% agreement

If you are listing thousand dollar or exceptionally HG books then perhaps a separate thread is justified form the one your listing your Nova run in would be acceptable. Other then that it's just an excuse to take up promo real estate.

Absolutely agree...I'd suggest starting no more than one per day, but 2 would be acceptable, NOT that you can't have a reason (whatever it is) for separate threads, but you should space them. I'd like seeing a limit to 2 or 3 a week.

If you start posting 3-4 threads a day and have that in the rules, it would actually allow someone to have 28 threads running in a week. I'm not sure anyone wants to see this place look like ebay during a sale week.

I've actually had threads bumped up that were a week old...(and not by me) it could really get messy with more and think of all the room for trolling.

I am looking at this as a buyer OR a seller...

Edited by skypinkblu

If a seller has GA/SA/BA and slabbed and raw then you'd be talking 6 possible threads...there has to be a limit. More than two threads can get messy as you can have all the threads on the same page at the same time if they get bumped from page 2,3,4 etc by an :takeit: or a posted question.

R.

100% agreement

If you are listing thousand dollar or exceptionally HG books then perhaps a separate thread is justified form the one your listing your Nova run in would be acceptable. Other then that it's just an excuse to take up promo real estate.

Absolutely agree...I'd suggest starting no more than one per day, but 2 would be acceptable, NOT that you can't have a reason (whatever it is) for separate threads, but you should space them. I'd like seeing a limit to 2 or 3 a week.

If you start posting 3-4 threads a day and have that in the rules, it would actually allow someone to have 28 threads running in a week. I'm not sure anyone wants to see this place look like ebay during a sale week.

I've actually had threads bumped up that were a week old...(and not by me) it could really get messy with more and think of all the room for trolling.

Different forums for different ages would be nice.I post books in several categories and am trying to use only one thread..."ECCLECTIC BATCH OF GOODIES" which doesn't do much for specifics.One new feature I would like to see would be the ability to add a dated tag to the title when new additions are listed.I know I'll never have the rep some of these others have because I simply don't have the inventory,and it's the little guys like me who might benefit if someone could quickly differentiate between a post to old material and that of new additions.Are we allowed to have 3 threads...ecclectic GA....ecclectic SA, and ecclectic CGC for example?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u (thumbs u

R.

100% agreement

Different forums for different ages would be nice.I post books in several categories and am trying to use only one thread..."ECCLECTIC BATCH OF GOODIES" which doesn't do much for specifics.One new feature I would like to see would be the ability to add a dated tag to the title when new additions are listed.I know I'll never have the rep some of these others have because I simply don't have the inventory,and it's the little guys like me who might benefit if someone could quickly differentiate between a post to old material and that of new additions.Are we allowed to have 3 threads...ecclectic GA....ecclectic SA, and ecclectic CGC for example?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u (thumbs u

Jim (and all involved) I'd be totally ok with 3 threads but the problem with leaving it up to interpretation is that it will be abused and then we are back where we started.

I have an idea. Why don't we let the forumites decide? Anyone that is going to be listing multiple threads (ie more than 2 threads in a 1 week period) must have brief description of books offered and then a poll (we can sticky a poll thread under the guidlines and also add a link in the guide lines to the thread) and simply ask how many threads are ok. Majority will rule. That way nobody can say nuttin'

I have no problem with long standing respected board members starting more than 2 threads in a week, this is more for the newbs to not abuse the place.

Very easy to police. Didn't read the guidlines? Your thread is pulled.

R.

I'm of the one new thread a day limit opinion, plus maintaining the "available in the Forum Only" guideline as well. I think that would help stem a massive amount of threads to weed through.

Possible fine tuning on the "one new thread a day" scenario would be restricting additions to existing threads at one per day(adding items to just one existing thread instead of however many that someone has in the forum) as well so multiple threads aren't bumped to the top with new items, just one.

I'm of the one new thread a day limit opinion, plus maintaining the "available in the Forum Only" guideline as well. I think that would help stem a massive amount of threads to weed through.

Possible fine tuning on the "one new thread a day" scenario would be restricting additions to existing threads at one per day(adding items to just one existing thread instead of however many that someone has in the forum) as well so multiple threads aren't bumped to the top with new items, just one.

Yup. That's getting my vote.

Post one new thread a day.

Or add to one thread a day.

The beauty of this is that you then can break your sales items down into as many threads as you think appropriate, given their nature, but you can't pimp more than one at a time. (thumbs u

The beauty of this is that you then can break your sales items down into as many threads as you think appropriate, given their nature, but you can't pimp more than one at a time. (thumbs u

unless somebody bumps the various threads :makepoint: then we still end up with one person owning the front page :tonofbricks:

unless somebody bumps the various threads :makepoint: then we still end up with one person owning the front page :tonofbricks:

That really can't be avoided. However, it would soon become apparent if certain individuals were using their beeyatches to do their dirty work.

That really can't be avoided. However, it would soon become apparent if certain individuals were using their beeyatches to do their dirty work.

Anyone got Dad&Sons number (shrug)

It'll be apparent but what could be done about it? The seller is technically abiding by the guidelines...

Jim

It'll be apparent but what could be done about it? The seller is technically abiding by the guidelines...

Jim

Threads get bumped all the time by inquiries of availabilty, :takeit: , and (gasp!) thread derailments. Those don't fall under posting guidelines for sellers nor can they be held resposible for that unless using a "shill" to do so.

Jim

Threads get bumped all the time by inquiries of availabilty, :takeit: , and (gasp!) thread derailments. Those don't fall under posting guidelines for sellers nor can they be held resposible for that unless using a "shill" to do so.

No! I will not shill up your marketplace visibility! :sumo:

Anyone got Dad&Sons number (shrug)

:signfunny: No, but I know someone who does . . . :whistle:

Jim

No! I will not shill up your marketplace visibility! :sumo:

Depends on what it's worth. :whistle:

One thread a day is way too restrictive...and here's why:

1) I prefer to consolidate the time period I'm selling (generally on the weekends) to offer buyers a chance to save on shipping, and

2) A shorter timeframe with active threads minimizes the number of trips I make to the PO, which allows me to provide quick turnaround on shipping.

What if you sell something from more than one thread in a given day. How do you acknowledge that?